Hide
3 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Strategies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Schweppe
msg tools
There are several sites with suburbia strategies, where they generally talk about building a circle of one color early and put a specific tile inside.

Like, a circle of green with a stadium inside to increase rep, or a circle of yellow with a recycling plant.

Does anyone ever do that?

it seems to me that those are very hit and miss, since there's a good chance those needed tiles aren't in the stack anyway, and if they are, your opponent may grab them, either to use or to toss.

I guess if you miss the stadium, you can use a park or burg and get most of the benefit - but if there's no recycling center or you miss it, you are kind of out of luck, aren't you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
You dont have to make a full circle really, but yes, having a semi circle, seems common practice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I find the full-circle tactic to be the only way to go in the base game (esp. in solo)...with Inc it's less of a thing because the borders offer alternatives. 5-Star also throws up some weird options with the new tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.