Subject: Battle Barge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
Please bear with me, I am a noob to this great game. I just purchased the promo pack and received the Battle Barge card and I don't understand the last part of the car. "you may return target base in play to its owners hand."

Can someone explain that to me and what is the benefit to moving it back to the owner's hand?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can target your own base and get the benefits a second time by playing it again. Additionally, if your opponent has an outpost which is protecting another base that you would prefer to destroy, you can boot their outpost and you are free to target their other base or them directly. That could be a great closing card if you could otherwise deal enough damage to your opponent to win if you could only bounce their outpost... I hope that helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reece
United States
Post Falls
ID
flag msg tools
That does help, thank you. But don’t most bases give their benefits each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting to play your own base again may help if you have a card that rewards you per card of faction X (e.g., Blob) played this turn.

A base that was already there at the beginning of this turn wouldn't count - unless you return it to you hand and play it again.

But I think that the main benefit of this card is being able to return an opponent's outpost to his or her hand and then using combat to destroy authority or other bases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Heise
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The best use of this card is to return one of your own bases to your hand so you can play it twice in the same turn. Obviously this combos extremely well with strong bases like Brain World and can be a literal game changer, but also works well with cheaper bases like Fighter Base or Recycling Station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Geier
msg tools
jtrbucks wrote:
That does help, thank you. But don’t most bases give their benefits each turn?

yes you get the benefit each turn, but with this card you can get the benefit a second time, cause playing it again resets the usage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vito Gesualdi
msg tools
mbmb
afrag is correct here. It has two great uses.

1. If your opponent has a powerful outpost in play, you can return that outpost to their hand so you may attack them and their regular bases (assuming they have no other outposts).

2. You may use the ability(s) of one of your bases, then return that base to your hand and replay it. The rules treat any card played from your hand as a new card, so you may again use its ability(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VitoGesualdi wrote:
afrag is correct here. It has two great uses.

1. If your opponent has a powerful outpost in play, you can return that outpost to their hand so you may attack them and their regular bases (assuming they have no other outposts).

2. You may use the ability(s) of one of your bases, then return that base to your hand and replay it. The rules treat any card played from your hand as a new card, so you may again use its ability(s).

Does that mean that you cannot use Battle Barge against an opponent's non-outpost base if he has an outpost?

Can you use Battle Barge against your own non-outpost base if you have an outpost?

This thread asked whether you could apply "destroy target base" to yourself - and whether you could destroy your own non-outpost while you had an outpost.

(I suppose that someone will eventually ask whether you can destroy your own bases with combat.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.