Subject: Alternative to secret recipes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Aguis
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
No secret recipes in the game. Instead, create a random pie for each victory pt. level. 2vp for 3 random apple pie--3vp for a 2 apple and 1 special pie--4vp for a 1 apple and 2 special pie-- 7vp for a 3 special pie. Before the game begins, randomize one pie of each type by pulling ingredients from the bag. For instance, to make a 2 pt. pie pull 3 random apples-a 3pt. pie pull 2 apples and one special. We found this not only makes getting the right ingredients more interesting and challenging, but creates a different game every time you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Breden
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's no secret recipes then, and so no deduction at all? I agree it would make the game actually work better, and make chasing ingredients more interesting, but it then becomes just a plod of collect and bake, no? (The base game is already that, only worse, since the deduction is there but simply doesn't matter much.)

Then again, my own variant has 15 rules added to solve both the boring baking and keep the deduction going ... so I'll have to try this one rule fix and see what I think ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McCoy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
and His Amazing Zoo Crew!
badge
I'm Spader-Man.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chucky wrote:
No secret recipes in the game. Instead, create a random pie for each victory pt. level. 2vp for 3 random apple pie--3vp for a 2 apple and 1 special pie--4vp for a 1 apple and 2 special pie-- 7vp for a 3 special pie. Before the game begins, randomize one pie of each type by pulling ingredients from the bag. For instance, to make a 2 pt. pie pull 3 random apples-a 3pt. pie pull 2 apples and one special. We found this not only makes getting the right ingredients more interesting and challenging, but creates a different game every time you play.

Could you potentially provide more detail on how you played it this way? How do you handle guessing the randomly generated pies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.