Subject: Aces & Eights 2.0 / Ship Packs 1-3 - Final rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
*** Updated 2/19/18 ***

Folks,

I'm please to announce that these projects are final. Absolutely, 100% final... Well, okay, maybe 98%. 95%. Well, you know, they've done studies - 60% of the time, it works every time.

Anyway, I'm going to post links for the following projects:

- Aces & Eights 2.0
- Ship Pack #1 - White Lightning 2.0
- Ship Pack #2 - CanTankerous
- Ship Pack #3 - Huntingdon's Bolt
- Fancible Drive Core/Ship Upgrade Pack

Any links you may have previously used are now dead. These are the cards you're looking for.

Now, about that not-quite-100% thing... As I suspect most of you know, I'm a perfectionist. But I also like to share my work. So that puts me in the odd position of wanting to share but knowing things are not always perfect. I can honestly say that the Crew/Leader and Gear/Ship Upgrade/Drive Core templates are probably about as good as I can get them to be without having access to the real ones.

However, the Bounty cards still need a little work. They're probably 92% of the way there. Many of y'all might consider them to be really, really close. As for me, I'll continue to work on them.

So, here does that leave us? You can consider the five projects above to be final, but the Bounty cards in them (six total) will be upgraded at some point. These will be cosmetic changes that will not impact the content of the cards. I will release a "patch" deck for the folks like me who are perfectionists. But, for now, I think the cards should be close enough.

Another note: I've decided that, moving forward, White Lightning will no longer be "packaged" with Aces & Eights. Instead, Aces & Eights will be paired with the Fancible Drive Core/Ship Upgrade Pack to create a 54-card project. White Lightning will be paired with CanTankerous and Huntingdon's Bolt for a 36-card, 3-Ship Pack project.

However, I know that some folks may have recently purchased the Upgrade Pack/CanTankerous/Huntingdon's Bolt pack, so I will have a separate version of A&E/White Lightining for them. That will be discontinued eventually.

Finally (just get to the links already!):

1) Please do not make any changes to the projects.

2) If you do make changes, please post in this thread or PM me so that I can review if they correct masters are still in the various projects.

3) If you look at or print the cards, please let me know if you identify any issues.

Aces & Eights / Fancible Drive Core/Ship Upgrade Pack

http://www.printerstudio.com/products/playingcard/design/dn_...

Aces & Eights includes:
- 5 new cards for each of the original Supply Decks
- 1 card for each of the Rim Space Supply Decks
- 2 "promo cards" to replace Helen and Meadows
- 5 Set-Up Cards (3 new Leaders, 1 Drive Core, 1 Ship Upgrade)
- 3 new Bounties
- 5 House Rules cards

Fancible Drive Core/Ship Upgrade Pack:

- 1 double-sided House Rules Card
- 1 Drive Core and Ship Upgrade card for Bonanza, Bonnie Mae, Serenity, Yun Qi, and Walden (Ship Upgrade card is double-sided)
- 1 Drive Core for the Artful Dodger
(Firefly Drive Cores and Ship Upgrades include new art and a unique look)

Ship Packs #1-3

Includes 3 12-card Ship Packs for White Lightning, CanTankerous, and Huntingdon's Bolt. Each Ship Pack includes a new Leader, a complete Crew, associated Gear, Set-Up Cards for the Ship, and (if appropriate) Bounties.

Note that White Lightning is a new version, but the other two Ship Packs contain cosmetic changes. If you have previously printed them out, consider the next project.

Aces & Eights 2.0 / White Lightning 2.0

This project includes Aces & Eights from above and Ship Pack #1: White Lightning. It is intended ONLY for those who previously purchased the CanTankerous/Huntingdon's Bolt/Ship Upgrade pack, don't care about the cosmetic changes, but still want the new content in a single pack. This link will be discontinued in a few weeks.

The Full GWEK

This link includes the material from the first two projects - Aces & Eights, Fancible Drive Core and Ship Upgrades Pack, White Lightning, CanTankerous, and Huntingdon's Bolt... 90 cards of custom-y goodness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Roberts
msg tools
Congratulations on a very sweet job. Big fan of Danny Trejo, I feel the urge for a solo rampage across the 'verse with De Salvo blasting all and sundry with his equalisers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kepler
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything looks superb. I'll be picking this up in a couple of weeks.

As a point of curiosity, why so many kid cards? Alliance blow up the orphanage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"There's one in every port."

The original A&E had 5, but I added 2 more for the Rim Worlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone else having trouble getting these links to work? They take me to printer studio, but it is a blank page with nonfunctional buttons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I tried the links on two different machines (not logged in) and they both worked. Are you using a PC or Mac?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PC, Firefox.

Also tried with my phone (Android)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered both packs (Windows 7) without problems.

Thanks George! Your work is very appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Chrome on my laptop and got the first 2 links into my basket.

Any sign of a discount coupon before I add some of my own stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Stratford
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crispy66 wrote:
PC, Firefox.

When I ordered mine it a text box came up with the suggestion I enable Java by clicking on the padlock in the address bar and selecting "allow" (it has never done that in the past when I've placed orders). I did that and had no issues. Maybe that is the step you also need to do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dalek1 wrote:
crispy66 wrote:
PC, Firefox.

When I ordered mine it a text box came up with the suggestion I enable Java by clicking on the padlock in the address bar and selecting "allow" (it has never done that in the past when I've placed orders). I did that and had no issues. Maybe that is the step you also need to do?

Just tried that, with IE and Firefox. No joy. I'll try on a different network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Folks, if you're ordering any of my projects, please don't make changes - or if you must, please notify me.

Someone went in and changed the Ship Packs project to a Killjoys-based one. I have deleted the incorrect project and will rebuild the correct one later.

If this has caused issues for anyone, I apologize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Balzer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, that explains why the pack of Aces & Eights 2.0 opens and the Ship pack doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm away from my files right now, so I figured the safest thing was to kill the incorrect project so no one orders it by accident.

I'll update tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
To avoid future mishaps, Ill say from experience the safest way to edit your own "Custom Decks" on printer studio is to do the following:
1. Select the Deck you want to edit (Say Aces & Eights 2.0)
2. Put it in your cart by going through the normal purchasing process. Making sure not to edit anything on the way there (Steps 1-5).
3. From your cart select "edit" and this will open up the initial Deck.
4. Make all changes regarding cards or card backs from here so it will not impact the link the Creators of the original Deck have posted here in the forums.

When in doubt as to whether or not your modifications have changed the original project it is always best to PM the Creator and double check.

Here's to many more amazing custom projects!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, what he said!

Thanks, Tim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Poor
United States
Dexter
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
By the way, I finally got this to work. Something about the network I was using must have been blocking the website from loading properly. Went to it via another network and all is well.

Thanks George!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Finn
msg tools
This is a question actually regarding the Deck itself. The old Timebomb has him discarding parts to count as explosives, but has now been updated to the explosives Keyword. By my count doesnt that make him under priced at the moment? He was 2 tech, Mechanic, and now EXPLOSIVES, but then can't carry gear (Which I thought was -1). The old model made his explosives conditional, but now its just always there. Was this something you did intentionally to make him more powerful or should he now actually be $300?

Also with regards to formatting, I noticed on your leaders with two traits the tabs were slightly overlapped. However, with the crew with two traits the two tabs are distinctly separate. Intentional design choice or accidental template error?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apollo117X wrote:
This is a question actually regarding the Deck itself. The old Timebomb has him discarding parts to count as explosives, but has now been updated to the explosives Keyword. By my count doesnt that make him under priced at the moment? He was 2 tech, Mechanic, and now EXPLOSIVES, but then can't carry gear (Which I thought was -1). The old model made his explosives conditional, but now its just always there. Was this something you did intentionally to make him more powerful or should he now actually be $300?

That was intentional. When revising A&E, I saw this as an opportunity to streamline things a bit with Timebomb. 2 skills + 2 keywords - 1 for no Gear should put him at 300, but I made him a "superstar" to bring the price down to 200. I think that generates a nice range of Mechanics (Bester at 100, Time Bomb at 200, Kaylee at 300) at Regina.

You bring up an interesting point, though. Perhaps I should run through my Crew from A&E and Wave One over in my thread for pricing out Crew...

Apollo117X wrote:
Also with regards to formatting, I noticed on your leaders with two traits the tabs were slightly overlapped. However, with the crew with two traits the two tabs are distinctly separate. Intentional design choice or accidental template error?

That is intentional and mirrors GF9's format (check out Monty, Murphy, and Mal).

If I had to guess, I'd speculate that the Crew version is the default... then then realized that would overlap the word "LEADER" in the green frame, which would look awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whitaker
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
over in my thread for pricing out Crew...

Where might one find that? I need to work through the Zunyan crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FleetfootMike wrote:
gwek wrote:
over in my thread for pricing out Crew...

Where might one find that? I need to work through the Zunyan crew.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1942592/2018-pricing-out-cr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whitaker
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarbuck wrote:

Star. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What's the Zunyan, BTW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorfinn Skullsplitter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's some sort of onion flavored, corn based, snack puff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That sounds... somewhat worse that a Fruity Oaty Bar, but possibly marginally better than protein paste. Maybe. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.