Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Lowe
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
After Industrial Waste, Chris and I decided to play Druidenwalzer to finish the session. I always enjoy this game, although I'm not very good at it. I always think that winning druid conflicts is a good thing, but often it's not. This playing was no different, as I quickly landed two conflict victories in one turn, only to reduce the card stack under two of my trees to just two cards or less. I was winning a lot of conflicts, but I was struggling to keep cards underneath my trees. It wasn't long before I had lost one tree, helped along due to a blunder on my part miscalculating which cards would dance. A card danced right out from underneath one of my trees, leaving nothing behind. This immediately subverted the tree with no conflict. Doh!

With one tree subverted, I was struggling to keep the rest of my trees. I thought everything was lost, but surprisingly I was able to bring two of Chris's trees each within one conflict of being subverted. I was setting things up for a one-two punch to grab those two trees in peril when Chris knocked me off one of my three remaining trees for the win.

One of these days, I'll get it straight that you need to balance conflict victories with growing the card stacks on your trees. There are lots of things about this game that are quirky, which is why I think I like it so much. It's a good thing too, since I can't seem to buy a win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.