Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timo Kandolin
Finland
Lempäälä
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there is another thread on the original forum similar to this, but I thought I'd start a new one here.

I just got my KS-copy yesterday and spent an hour this morning sorting the cards around and had some questions. I haven't read through the rulebook, but from how much I've looked around it's not an easy task to learn and understand things from the rulebook.
Oh, and I'm going to play the campaign mode pretty much exclusively.

So, first of all, what don't I need at all if I play the campaign mode solo? (optionally co-op with 2, but never more)

What can be combined with this in mind? I read that events work together? So I can just mix all of them and use them in whichever campaign I play?
what about the number cards? There is a full deck in the expansion (very cool btw, might use it as a deck of cards for poker ) can I just use that for both campaigns or do I need the smaller one for the base game campaign?

So, basically I'd like to put all "useless" stuff for me (versus stuff, fixed cards etc) in the base box and all the stuff I need in the other to make it a bit easier to setup and understand stuff when beginning.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael dorazio
United States
Tyngsboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory, the archetype cards, light/dark cards, and level tracker cards won't be needed.

A few others I can't recall right now, but someone can feel free to hop in and correct or clarify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blackford
United States
Englewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!
badge
"I'll have a Shirley... No, a virgin... No, a children's... Oh, what the heck? You only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer! "
mbmbmbmbmb
The new area booklets tell you which events and enemies appear in that section. As long as you are using the expansion rules for both the core game and expansion campaigns, I found it easiest to mix those decks from both sets.

I'm assuming we're using all items for both campaigns, so I mixed those together. You will need the fate deck and number deck for both campaigns, again assuming you are using the new rules and area booklet.

You will need about 95% of the core set. Spells & Signature spells are obviously needed. Anima, character cards, health and EP trackers are needed.

Level cards and archetype cards are now obsolete. Target cards are not needed for the Tall Tale.

Sorry if I missed anything, I'm doing this from memory! Good luck out there, Grimslinger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
tucker8807 wrote:
The new area booklets tell you which events and enemies appear in that section. As long as you are using the expansion rules for both the core game and expansion campaigns, I found it easiest to mix those decks from both sets.

I'm assuming we're using all items for both campaigns, so I mixed those together. You will need the fate deck and number deck for both campaigns, again assuming you are using the new rules and area booklet.

You will need about 95% of the core set. Spells & Signature spells are obviously needed. Anima, character cards, health and EP trackers are needed.

Level cards and archetype cards are now obsolete. Target cards are not needed for the Tall Tale.

Sorry if I missed anything, I'm doing this from memory! Good luck out there, Grimslinger.

This is a good list

Things you don't need for both campaigns when using 4th edition rulebook:

1. Target Cards
2. Archetype Cards
3. Level Trackers
4. You DO need at least 1 set of dark and light, but do not need all sets (if you got the collector's card pack that came with several sets).
5. 3rd Edition Rulebook

I may have missed something, but I don't think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Kandolin
Finland
Lempäälä
Other
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Looking fórward to getting started today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
TimoNator85 wrote:

Hope it goes well

Also, I am wrong about the creature HP/EP trackers, they ARE needed. I...am tired. lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
TimoNator85 wrote:

Hope it goes well

Also, I am wrong about the creature HP/EP trackers, they ARE needed. I...am tired. lol.

You're doing a great job on these forums Stephen. Thank you and well done for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rossoft rossoft
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:

4. You DO need at least 1 set of dark and light, but do not need all sets (if you got the collector's card pack that came with several sets).

Are dark & light part of the initial element spells of each character on both campaigns? Or to just one character if we don't have the collector's pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rossoft wrote:
ssgibson wrote:

Are dark & light part of the initial element spells of each character on both campaigns? Or to just one character if we don't have the collector's pack?

Grimslingers don't use dark and light in the coop portion of the game (and only use them for duels if you have the collector's pack). The set (dark and light) that comes with the core game is for one of the bosses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazio Bettin
Italy
Padova
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am kind of wondering about one thing.
The Northern Territories booklet mentions only four characters, and each comes with their own special skills and trackers. But what if I wanted to play one of the other characters who do not have such sets, say, like Barceline? Do I just play without special skills or am I required to choose between the four characters who do have those cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Dilley
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
If you have the KS exclusive character Henrietta her skill cards can be used with any other Grimslinger that does not currently have their own.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Suna wrote:
I am kind of wondering about one thing.
The Northern Territories booklet mentions only four characters, and each comes with their own special skills and trackers. But what if I wanted to play one of the other characters who do not have such sets, say, like Barceline? Do I just play without special skills or am I required to choose between the four characters who do have those cards?

Technically, you can play a character who doesn't have skills. You'll be seriously underpowered though (guess you could load up on signature spells).

Like others have said, use henerietta's "witchcraft" skills for Grimslingers who don't have their own set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.