Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't count for free burns, I get that. Problem is I have pretty bad astigmatism as struggle to see if lines are straight or not, so this one's got me confused:

So let's assume in the basic game Jeb (orange rocket) is heading towards Mars. In this (one tun) move phase, with only one burn:

- Can he stop on the flyby? (Is it a space?)
- Can he coast to the flyby, aerobrake, then enter the burn above LMO with Bill (white rocket)?
- Can he coast through the flyby (blue line, but wonky) to enter the burn with Bob (red rocket)?
- ca he coast through the flyby and enter the burn with Valentina (green rocket)?

Essentially the flyby space *looks* like a valid location to stop, but allows three different routes w/o counting as a Hohmann pivot, so essentially treated like a Lagrange point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mb
deathninja wrote:

Essentially the flyby space *looks* like a valid location to stop, but allows three different routes w/o counting as a Hohmann pivot, so essentially treated like a Lagrange point?

Yup, it's a Lagrange point kinda thing. You can do all those things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Booth
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
deathninja wrote:

Following up CthulhuKid's answer with a larger generalization: all map features that are not pivots and sites allow for free reorientation. In the basic game they may not have any other special rules associated with them (eg. rad hazards, flybys, moon boosts) but they still count as spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.