Hide
9 Posts

Twilight Imperium: Fourth Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dimensional Splicers and Flagship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Connolly
msg tools
Does the Delta wormhole generated by the Ghosts flagship trigger the technology dimensional splicers? This would effectively give that ship a free hit in every combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Batman
msg tools
RKon27 wrote:
Does the Delta wormhole generated by the Ghosts flagship trigger the technology dimensional splicers? This would effectively give that ship a free hit in every combat.

Yes, one free hit. Delta wormhole is a wormhole, even if the flag ship generated it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Abilities are pretty explicit if only particular types of wormhole are affected (like Creuss Slipstream faction sheet ability, that calls out alpha and beta).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omni Pyrmaeus
United States
Socorro
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also note that PDS shots can now fire through wormholes. So, if you get PDS II and place a couple of PDSs in your Home System, that's potentially two or three more hits before combat. And if you can manage to get assault cannon (I did, using the Jol-Nar promissory note, as my 1 red tech needed to get to Dim. Splicer), then the Creuss flagship becomes a beast.

The drawback to this, however, is that other people can use Light/Wave Deflector (or similar) to pass through the flagship's wormhole to easily get to your Home System.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Batman
msg tools
omnipaul wrote:
Also note that PDS shots can now fire through wormholes. So, if you get PDS II and place a couple of PDSs in your Home System, that's potentially two or three more hits before combat. And if you can manage to get assault cannon (I did, using the Jol-Nar promissory note, as my 1 red tech needed to get to Dim. Splicer), then the Creuss flagship becomes a beast.

The drawback to this, however, is that other people can use Light/Wave Deflector (or similar) to pass through the flagship's wormhole to easily get to your Home System.

Keep on track, he needs clarification with a tech card, not a strat guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthBatman47 wrote:
omnipaul wrote:

You're right. No tangential discussion allowed. Board games are serious business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brettell
Australia
South Turramurra
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
DarthBatman47 wrote:
omnipaul wrote:

You're right. No tangential discussion allowed. Board games are serious business.

Absolutely. I hate tangential discussions. There was this one time I posted on something, and it went off in all sorts of directions. Very annoying. We should only post if it directly responds to the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to take this off on yet another tangent, but we are deep into Poe's Law territory...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
brettellmd wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
DarthBatman47 wrote:
omnipaul wrote:

Absolutely. I hate tangential discussions. There was this one time I posted on something, and it went off in all sorts of directions. Very annoying. We should only post if it directly responds to the OP.

Maybe that particular discussion was spliced by a wormhole? Perhaps even the one generated by the Hil Colish itself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.