Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'm just starting to play this game and so far it's been a lot of fun. I opened up the on the air cards and was wondering if anyone has come up with some ideas on the blank cards they'd like to share. I'd be curious to see how you distributed the points, cost, upkeep and the like.

Thanks in advance!

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I have only used the blank star card and have not touched the blank show cards yet. I uploaded an image of my custom star card to the gallery. You can see it here:

My gaming group loves Futurama and the artwork seemed to fit well with the game. If anything I would tweak the later numbers higher to make him even more lucrative to pick up early on. I plan to eventually get to the blank show cards and will upload those when I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow that is awesome! How did you make that template look so good? Any tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkranex wrote:
So far I have only used the blank star card and have not touched the blank show cards yet. I uploaded an image of my custom star card to the gallery. You can see it here:

My gaming group loves Futurama and the artwork seemed to fit well with the game. If anything I would tweak the later numbers higher to make him even more lucrative to pick up early on. I plan to eventually get to the blank show cards and will upload those when I do.

I love this!

You may want to give this character the same power as the Reality Show Vote Collector and Fierce Drag Queen, that they occupy an Ad slot on a Reality Show (Reality Shows don't normally take Stars).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gil, you've done a great job with this game. Can you provide any tips or ideas on the best way to assign values to the blank cards? I don't want to make them too valuable or not enough and that would include the cost to purchase, upkeep, rerun points, everything.

I'm just hoping you can direct me towards a good starting point. I can come up with the names, I'm just looking for the values that will keep the game engine consistent with what you have created.

Also, I assume you can play the On The Air cards already created and not worry about the blanks for the time being, correct?

Thanks!

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
afjb wrote:
Gil, you've done a great job with this game. Can you provide any tips or ideas on the best way to assign values to the blank cards? I don't want to make them too valuable or not enough and that would include the cost to purchase, upkeep, rerun points, everything.

I'm just hoping you can direct me towards a good starting point. I can come up with the names, I'm just looking for the values that will keep the game engine consistent with what you have created.

Thanks for the kind words! I posted some tips on filling out the blank cards in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23466589#23466589

Quote:
Also, I assume you can play the On The Air cards already created and not worry about the blanks for the time being, correct?

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Gil! I appreciate that. I backed your expansion on KS -- looking forward to its release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afjb wrote:
wow that is awesome! How did you make that template look so good? Any tips?

I scanned in the blank card and then cleaned it up in photoshop. Gil was kind enough to email me some info about the various fonts used. I printed it out on sticker paper and afixed it to the blank card. A lot of trial and error to get the correct sizing and color matching, though my printed sticker card doesn't quite match the rest of them, but I don't care it's close enough.

As far as tips for values and such, using Calculon as an example I knew I wanted to incorporate his dramatic pause characteristic, hence the 0 in the second season and then a bump in the third season. And I wanted to limit him to drama and reality cause that's kind of what he does on the show.

But really you should play a few games before you come up with your custom cards. You'll want to understand the existing show/ad/star cards first and see where you can add some variation and where you think certain aspects are lacking. Or think of some of your favorite shows that aren't already lampooned and see if you can incorporate their essence into the viewer numbers you assign them. Maybe a show started off really low in viewers but hung on for a big finale season of viewership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
I love this!

You may want to give this character the same power as the Reality Show Vote Collector and Fierce Drag Queen, that they occupy an Ad slot on a Reality Show (Reality Shows don't normally take Stars).

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind as I tweak his later season numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your suggestions! I've played about 10-11 times thus far, exclusively solo. My plan is to go with similar points as the existing season 2-3 shows, but with enough variance it make it interesting.

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls