Hide
4 Posts

The World of SMOG: Rise of Moloch» Forums » Variants

Subject: 2 vs 2 - Nemesis players against Gentlemen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaud DV
msg tools
At the end of my first play, one of the player stated the following: " Actually, we could play this game 2vs2".

After giving it some thoughts, it is actually a really good idea. It kicks in when you realize that the first chapter put two brothers in scene as agents: Tobias & Emerson. Well, those two brothers could actually be controlled by two players.

I will definitely try it in my next game as I think it would make a more competitive atmosphere around the table.

What do you guys think of it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Quicksilver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucester
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Gwolyan wrote:

After giving it some thoughts, it is actually a really good idea.

On a scale of good ideas rating from monopoly to gloomhaven with beer, I'll give this about a "spice girls the board game".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wan
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aqsgames wrote:
Gwolyan wrote:

After giving it some thoughts, it is actually a really good idea.

On a scale of good ideas rating from monopoly to gloomhaven with beer, I'll give this about a "spice girls the board game".

i'd give it a bit more credit than that; think about it. the nemesis player till now can only cackle manically, alone. Doing it in a pair (so you could play say 2v4 instead of just 2v2), the nemesis players could definitely put the gentlemen on tilt, and bring out the evilness!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kučera
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think that could be doable variation. Considering that Ether reserve will be shared and each Nemesis player would be responsible for his character Ether. I will even consider this approach in my future games since playing full player game trigger some analysis paralysis among the Gentlemen group and such variation could be great for teaching Nemesis newbies and also reducing number of Gentlemen players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.