Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first got Tabletop Simulator I noticed one game missing from the extensive mod list and that is ASL. Sure, you can play the ASL:SK#1 (and much more ASL) with VASL (which even is free!) but playing in TTS just feels more "real", especially thanks to the physics and nicer graphics it enables. So I set out to create this complete conversion of the ASL:SK#1 as a free module with high quality components.

This is the first release and if there is enough interest, I'll look into creating the Starter Kit #2 as well. Feedback is very much appreciated!

You can download the mod here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129353...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Henry
France
Messon
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great Job

Bravo et merci

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks really nice, I should try it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you get permission from MMP for this, or..?

Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Axford
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the scenarios are published in full, including the victory conditions. Pat Ireland developed most of the VASL SK setup files (i.e. .vsav files) and purposefully did not put the victory condition in there, so as to avoid copyright issues with MMP.

This TTS mod does look really good though, so I really hope that all the proper permissions were obtained before this was initiated. I know you gave props to MMP and even provide a link to their site, but not sure that 's going to appease the Legal Beagles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
"Can you tell if I like the Starter Kits?"
badge
"The Hollow Legions..."
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest it looks great and very well made, it makes you want to play anytime you turn on your pc.

You need to add the classic ASL style dice.

EDIT :

I tried it, everything works fine, the only difference i noted is that scenario immages are differents and lacks the asl logo on top right.

But there is all you need, charts, jay's tutorials, sequence of play. I really hope this is official and not illegal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not official but fan made (as I already wrote in the workshop description).
You are right, the scenario pictures (to historical pictures of the appropriate battle) and I did not add the official logo to the scenarios.

The dice actually bother me as well, TTS has no default dice that match the ones in ASL in both style and color but I might look into creating a custom one in the future.

If somebody plays a game using this mod, please tell me how it went and if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'm always open to suggestions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Milano
Padania
flag msg tools
"Can you tell if I like the Starter Kits?"
badge
"The Hollow Legions..."
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCze wrote:
It is not official but fan made (as I already wrote in the workshop description).
You are right, the scenario pictures (to historical pictures of the appropriate battle) and I did not add the official logo to the scenarios.

The dice actually bother me as well, TTS has no default dice that match the ones in ASL in both style and color but I might look into creating a custom one in the future.

If somebody plays a game using this mod, please tell me how it went and if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'm always open to suggestions!

I've actually tested the first turns of Retaking Vireville. Playing on the big maps that let you not overstack is a dream and the overall quality of the counters and all is phenomenal.

The only thing you forgot ( i think, i'm not an expert ) is that the prep fire marker doesn't turn into an adv.fire one. Also it looks like the us green squads don't have a half squad ( again not an expert too ).

BTW i have all the assets so i can never lose it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah good that you noticed the missing green half squad, not sure how that slipped by me. The advance fire marker is not used in the ASL SK#1 but I went ahead and added it anyway.

Full changelog:

• Added missing American Green Half-Squad
• Added custom ASL style dice
• Added optional reminder that units can not use double time (back side of the CX counter)
• Added Advance Fire marker on the backside of the Prep Fire marker
• The units in the drawers are now sorted by the ELR table, this means some bags are there twice but it should make it easier to find the corresponding units with the ELR chart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke The (un)Lucky
Poland
flag msg tools
"Do you remember when Things seemed so eternal? Heroes were so real... Their magic frozen in time"
badge
"They came, they saw and acknowledged Some good, some bad Opinion: Dangerous"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden and stone buildings are really hard to distinguish. Played two first scenarios and the rest seems to be working fine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.