Subject: Futures and End Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the end game is triggered by claiming/busting a final future disk, one can still claim futures before 2 events have happened.

However, what if no more spaces are available for futures? Can one still claim them, perhaps at 5 VPs? Or perhaps no VPs are awarded but the future still happen?

I am thinking for example of the New Venus future: are the synodic comet and Venus getting destroyed (with the factory from the synodic comet moving to Venus) even if a future cannot be claimed anymore?

Same question for the Footfall future: is the synodic comet getting destroyed even if a future cannot be claimed anymore?

The above are both in a situation where the 12 year marker happens to fall in one of the 3-4 final years before the 2nd event after the game end was triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my vote is the future does not count
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the Exploration Module (W7-10) it is possible to score any unrestricted amount of futures with the 5+ futures worth 4VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Tine'
Italy
Genoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sircrowin wrote:
my vote is the future does not count

I agree with that in terms of not getting any VPs. But what about the event itself? Like Venus getting terraformed in the New Venus future. Do you think it is happening or is it canceled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In my opinion the event is happening just like the ability of Immortalists who can always try to hostile recruit regardless of loyalty despite the fact the future is unavailable (e.g. because another Colonist future has been scored by the player).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.