8 Posts

Aeon's End: Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Will it be possible to play campaign twice with 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bartek Szopka
msg tools
mbmb
I have a question about possibility to go through the campaign twice by playing with 2 players (and choosing the other 2 characters for second campaign). Would that be possible without Reset Pack?

As far as I understand from description and Rahdo's video the legacy aspect is mostly focused around developing characters. If we play with only 2 characters the other two will be untouched. I guess we will get the stickers for them when we unlock them in the first playthrough, but because we will not use them, we could possibly play campaign again and level up the other pair of characters?

Would that be possible? Or do game have some legacy elements that change (maybe some stickers to cards or something?) that are impossible to reset without Reset Pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible without reset pack: Yes, but extremely annoying with a ton of book-keeping, ie no stickers or writing on anything. (There is more to the legacy elements than just characters)

Possible with reset pack: Very much so and you would get 8 total mages instead of 4.

Basically it's easiest to just fill out the other mages you don't play as once the campaign is over and use a reset pack to play again if desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ:
Can I replay the game without a reset pack?

It would be difficult, but if you are dead set on it, with a little hacking and some imagination, you could play through with a total of 4 players. Ie. You could play twice with two players or four times solo.

We should note that the game is certainly replayable after the campaign ends. You will have all the necessary components to use the characters you created during the campaign to fight the nemeses included in Aeon’s End Legacy an infinite number of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Renaud
Canada
Mission
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My plan is to get a reset pack, then play through the legacy game once with marking things up and doing all that. Then, with the reset pack, I can play through subsequent games with an idea of what needs to be tracked on a pad of paper with a better understanding of what information will need to be accessed and when.

So first play is Legacy game as intended, subsequent games (after using the reset pack) is carefully managing the bookkeeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought I'd give a small comment on this since my gf and me play tested the legacy campaign with the 2 of us.

And I would say yes it's possible.
It's hard going into specifics without spoilers but you're second play would be a sort of added difficulty level, but then again you know what's coming so you can anticipate to the added difficulty.

I do not only think it's possible but would be a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Hilgendorf
msg tools
i was wondering the same thing because if not, if you playthrough as 2 players you have 2 characters at the end and the other 2 you would have playing as 4 would go to waste no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin 'qxc' Riley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ohly wrote:
i was wondering the same thing because if not, if you playthrough as 2 players you have 2 characters at the end and the other 2 you would have playing as 4 would go to waste no?

You can always just build additional characters using the remaining components and rules provided when you're done with the campaign regardless of player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qxc0 wrote:
ohly wrote:

You can always just build additional characters using the remaining components and rules provided when you're done with the campaign regardless of player count.

Oh you can count on it. And I will figure out which item needs to be called the Trash Cannon, while I'm at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.