Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Gaddie
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you allowed to perform a move and resolve an adventure card AFTER you spend trophies on the entrance card during the same turn? I know you could with Gates, but I can't find anything in the Pharaoh rules that say otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
As I understand it, no. You get to spend trophies if you're on the card "at the start of your clock phase", meaning you have already completed your movement and resolution phase.

So, there seems to be two ways to spend trophies: Move, Successfully complete an adventure, go to the entrance and spend trophies, finish clock phase and end your turn. Or, you could use your movement to go to the entrance, skip your resolution, spend trophies and finish clock phase and end your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
m_huber wrote:
As I understand it, no. You get to spend trophies if you're on the card "at the start of your clock phase", meaning you have already completed your movement and resolution phase.

So, there seems to be two ways to spend trophies: Move, Successfully complete an adventure, go to the entrance and spend trophies, finish clock phase and end your turn. Or, you could use your movement to go to the entrance, skip your resolution, spend trophies and finish clock phase and end your turn.

I believe this is incorrect. My understanding is that you are either attempting an adventure or you are visiting the entrance where you can spend trophies. After completing an adventure the player token is moved to the entrance, but there is no opportunity to purchase anything at that point. Perhaps I missed it, but I'm unable to find anything that says you spend trophies "at the start of your clock phase".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's printed on both sides of the entrance card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gaddie
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
m_huber is correct. I missed the part about "at the start of your clock phase", even though it is right there on the entrance card! For some reason I was thinking at the start of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I was looking in the rules for it and didn't check the entrance card. Just so I'm clear, this only applies when playing with Omens of the Pharaoh, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
korric2000 wrote:
Thank you. I was looking in the rules for it and didn't check the entrance card. Just so I'm clear, this only applies when playing with Omens of the Pharaoh, correct?

I believe that change has been in the rules for a few expansions, at least the other Omens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korric Morgan
United States
Holyoke
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. I only have the base game plus Omens of the Pharaoh, although I intend to pick up Unseen Forces soon. Thank you for the clarifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.