Subject: Wyverns: confirmation for 2 assumptions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions for which I am tempted to make an assumption of the answer. Asking seems wiser though laugh

The WoW rulebook, p. 7 - bottom box, states: "During each Resolution Phase, players return all unused Wyvern Claw Tokens."

The same rulebook, p. 8 - Rules for Playing With Cavern of Soloth: "Sorceress: During the Setup Phase, if the Sorceress does not have any Wyvern Claw Tokens, she gets a free one."

This condition will be met during every single Setup Phrase if the rules are intended the way they are printed. I assume the rules are intended the way they are printed, even if that is a bit redundant, but confirmation would be nice.

Nowhere (as far as I can see) is it stated how in Catacombs the Wyverns act from room to room. I assume they are moving along to the next room if they have a rider, but are removed from play if they do not.

It would be great to have these minor things confirmed before I am telling my friends something that is incorrect and 'changing the rules' later. (Some of them really do not take that well.) Thanks in advance to anyone and everyone helping me out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CardBoard Bear

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules say the sorceress gets 1 claw at the beginning of a room, and then returns it if unused, like all other heroes. However, if the players aren't too familiar with wyverns or are not hardcore gamers, I would just let them keep the claws.

The wyverns are 1-room things if they spawn from an egg (like the egg you get from the wyvern nest special room). Some room cards have a wyvern in the monsters quadrants. The 4 heroes from the WoW expansion, which start with a wyvern, get a wyvern every room, since it's their special ability/rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Reubzaet
Netherlands
Landgraaf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply!

This all is very clear, but other than the matter of the Sorceress (which is in the rulebook, just phrased a bit awkward), I wonder where you found these details. They make sense to me, but I learnt from past mistakes that something that makes sense to me is not necessarily correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.