Chris Berry
United Kingdom
Whaley Bridge
High Peak
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks,

I just wanted to try to clear up a couple of questions I've had on the Atalanta's Return scenario, concerning the special Rockfall rules:

- If a unit takes damage from a Rockfall and is forced to move, does it drop any Omphalus it is carrying?

- If units from multiple players take damage from a Rockfall, in what order should the resulting movement of the units be resolved? Active player first? Non-active player?

- Can you use Guard or other defensive Powers/Talents against damage from Rockfall (Achilles Endurance for example)? If so, do you still need to move a unit if it takes no damage?

I was hoping to film a playthrough for this scenario soon, so would be great to get some official confirmation on how to handle these.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Doesn't drop, only Mighty Throw does that unless the special rules says different.

2) The rules give any advantage to the Active player, so the Non-Active should probably move first and the alternate, rules don't actually say.

3) RAW, only units that suffer a wound are moved. Makes thematic sense though if the original target is moved out due to their bodyguard shoving them out of the way as the rocks squish the bodyguard, who would then suffer a rockfall damage on itself again. Not the rules, but funner

It's damage. don't see why abilities wouldn't affect the damage, but then again a rockfall is not described as an Attack, so they may not kick in.

Really,apart from 1), the answer could be anything, just go with what is best for you and makes the video fun and interesting.

4) Off you go and film
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United Kingdom
Whaley Bridge
High Peak
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
1) Doesn't drop, only Mighty Throw does that unless the special rules says different.

2) The rules give any advantage to the Active player, so the Non-Active should probably move first and the alternate, rules don't actually say.

3) RAW, only units that suffer a wound are moved. Makes thematic sense though if the original target is moved out due to their bodyguard shoving them out of the way as the rocks squish the bodyguard, who would then suffer a rockfall damage on itself again. Not the rules, but funner

It's damage. don't see why abilities wouldn't affect the damage, but then again a rockfall is not described as an Attack, so they may not kick in.

Really,apart from 1), the answer could be anything, just go with what is best for you and makes the video fun and interesting.

4) Off you go and film

Cheers Dave. Great to get some feedback!

I agree that the answers could be pretty much anything as they are not specifically defined. In the absence of any official ruling then, I'll just go with what feels right I guess.

I might start a thread to keep track of these sorts of issues with the scenario rules I think, as I suspect these won't be the last!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.