Subject: Solo rules, ever decreasing hand? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
So in the solo rules you start with 13 cards in hand, each round you play one (-1), discard one (-1), then draw one (+1) which means your hand size shrinks by one each round. This meant that I ran out of hand cards before the end of the game, is this right? Should you start with 14 instead? Or deal lingering birds for the first round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing Sacred Games
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Hi Lizzie, the solo game should end when you reveal the last card in the deck, which should happen after you play the 12th card from your hand. At that point you should have one card left in your hand, so you should never get down to zero cards in hand. You also should not reveal any birds before you play your first card. So the math for the solo game:

12 played cards
1 card in hand
11 discarded cards (you won't discard in the last round)
36 revealed cards (3 times 12)
60 cards total

I hope that clears things up, but let me know if you have additional questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.