Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards that come with this game are unique. They are too skinnny to fit correctly in regular sized sleeves, but they are too tall to fit into Yugio sized sleeves. I wanted to protect them in this way for two reasons. First of all I try to put most of my gaming cards in sleeves if it is important for them to not be indentifiable by scuffs or accidental creases or stains. They last so much longer and in awesome shape. Second, two of my cards form different houses came with scuffs on them which made them quite distinct from the back. I wound up trimming about 4mm from the bottoms of each one using one of those fancy paper cutters. Now they fit in great, and the cards still look very good. I also used coordinating colours in the spirit of the game...red for Lannister, yellow for Baratheon etc. These sleeves are available at most hobby and game stores. Be sure get the Yugio sized ones. I highly recommend them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Card Sleeves...
Palpatine (#32246),

I wish that I could convince the anal-retentive gamer in me that it's ok to cut the cards, but it ain't gonna happen. I'd also point out that you can now get clear yugio-sized card protectors: Dragon Shields I think. I wrote Fantasy Flight about my scuffed card and they sent a duplicate deck of house cards, so I have some extras now if any of mine get snaggled. Even better, some of my gaming cohorts have bought their own copies of the game, so I just don't bring mine anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Card Sleeves...
yossarians (#32250),
Good point about the clear protectors. Nobody that I played with even noticed that they were cut. I used one of those paper trimmers you see at Staples etc. It was a bit of a leap of faith to snip them, because it sounds like I am a bit like you, but I am very glad I did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.