Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
The rules say:
Quote:
Sonderfall
Kann der aktive Spieler Würfel aus seinem Wurf nicht nutzen (z.B. wenn er als letzten Würfel nur noch Lila
hat und diesen zu niedrig würfelt), hat er leider Pech gehabt und kann auf seinem Blatt nichts eintragen.

Google translation:
Quote:
If the active player can not use dice from his roll (for example, purple is the last die and it is too low), then he has had bad luck and can not enter anything on his sheet.

If the active player has rolled the dice, and can't use any die from the pool, do they still choose a die to place on their sheet? (and move lower dice to the platter, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
I've checked with the designer, and the answer is that the active player who cannot used any of the rolled dice will forfeit one of their three rolls, and will not place a die on their sheet for this roll.

This means more than 3 dice can end up on the silver platter.

(I also asked about our other question, and the +1 die actions can only be used at the end of the entire turn ... that is after all active and passive players have chosen their dice. Then they can be used to activate any of the six dice again, up to a maximum of one time each.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Thanks.

I still don't understand what "forfeit one of their three rolls" entails, as I don't think of the active player's turn as being defined around "rolls".

If this is the turn structure:
1. Roll all the dice.
2. Pick one to put on your sheet and activate.
3. Move dice of a lower value to the platter.
4. Reroll the remaining dice in the pool.
5. Pick one die to put on your sheet and activate.
6. Move dice of a lower value to the platter.
7. Reroll the remaining dice in the pool.
8. Pick one die to put on your sheet and activate.
9. Move all dice from the pool to the platter

and you have nothing that you're able pick and activate in stages 2 or 5, do you immediately skip to the next reroll step, and don't move anything to the platter?

(Of course, you can spend a reroll action if you have one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
From the designer:

Quote:
When you cannot use the 3rd die as an active player, your turn ends and you put all the remaining dice on the silver platter. Unfortunately we haven't written this in the rules. We will correct this for the online version of the rules and the next print of the game.

I guess so far it has never happend, that a player cannot use any die after his second roll. But actually I like what you have been writing in your translated rules about that (which are by the way great. I found no mistake). I will talk to the editor of Schmidt Spiele if we will make this the "official" rule of the game.

So, it's not in the rules (yet)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
I'm still unclear about the ruling regarding the first/second roll.

Do you "move on" to your next roll of the turn, without placing a die on your sheet and without moving anything to the platter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolfgang warsch
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
I had some discussions aboout this topic with the editor of Schmidt Spiele and the official rule (in the next print run and online) will now be exactly as Jeremy has already written in his translated rules:

"If the active player can’t use any of the dice from a given roll, they simply cannot put a die on their sheet for that roll. This still takes one of their maximum of 3 rolls."

If this happens at the last (third) roll, all remaining dice get placed on the silver platter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.