1 Posts

Bitter Victory: The Invasion of Sicily, 1943» Forums » General

Subject: Scenario review -- Tunisian Follow-up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Blouin
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
Hi, I got the game as a present and tried it right away. I'm a counter fan but can't afford anymore the leisure of dedicating a whole bedroom to maps (and the time to go through a game of World in flames). I was therefore quite happy to find a small, yet sophisticated, game.

After playing the introductory scenario, which isn't really covering the operational aspect of the game, I decided to give a go to the "Tunisian Follow-up" in solitaire play. I chose this scenario because I was hoping that the allies would be caught short of the resources to complete the invasion. This didn't happen as the allies slammed their way through Sicily without the loss of a single counter (a couple flips, quickly reinforced). The main reason I think this is so is because only the US had a division with "divisional integrity", creating a mammoth 26 points super-division while the Italian and German did not.

If you want to make this scenario a bit more challenging, I'd propose the following tweaks:

1 - Substitute one of the US 2AD for another unit to cancel the divisional integrity (although it would kill the fun of plowing into the axis line).
2 - Limit the allies LCD to the original two, maybe a third.
3 - Shorten the scenario by 4-6 turns.
4 - Create unnecessary friction in the Allies ranks by playing with separate allies players.

I'm curious to play a scenario where Italians and German have these (super) divisions. In the Tunisian campaign, I didn't get t find the opportunity to mount any meaningful counter attack. However, it was FUN trying to find a way to do so.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.