Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Is this game available for PC? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just watched a review of this game, and it looked like it was being played on the PC.

He mentioned something called a "tabletop simulator".

Is this exact game on the PC, because I googled it and can't find it.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you open your laptop 180 degrees, you could lay out the cards on it. This would be simulating a tabletop on your computer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tabletop Simulator is something you purchase on Steam (and possibly through other places). You can use it to play a wide variety of board and card games. Each of these games has its own module and most of these modules are free. I found it to be a little tricky to learn the interface and gave it a pass because that sort of gaming doesn't really interest me so much but maybe you'd like it better. These modules allow multiple people to play too. The only other negative I've heard is that there is no rule enforcement, but that doesn't bother me at all. So in the case of Legendary Aliens, you could have the game set up and ready to play with a click, but YOU have to know to flip an enemy card, slide them up, etc etc etc.

Legendary DXP is available for most platforms. It's essentially Legendary Marvel but reskinned with a fantasy theme. That'll cost you money, but it DOES fully follow the rules, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Let's play together! - Legendary DXP
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn"t recommend tabletop simulator anymore since UD took down all the Legendary mods. This is likely due to the release of DXP on steam. Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Legendary DXP is a different game, not Aliens, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radomir B.
Slovakia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Legendary DXP is set in some fantasy tale world... Initially I was enthusiastic for a Legendary game for mobiles, but the world was too childish for me. =/

Note that "Legendary" and "Legendary Encounters" are two similar, but not exactly the same card game systems. Encounters were evolved from original Legendary game system and I think Encounters are a bit more complex, but that may be just my impression. Encounters are themed with classic 20th Fox adventure films and TV series - Alien, Predator, Big Trouble in Little China, Firefly, Buffy and soon X-Files...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Pit of Misery wrote:
Legendary DXP is a different game, not Aliens, right?

Yes, it appears the Alien mod is still out in the wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Adams
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... I highly recommend Tabletop Simulator to everyone because you can literally make ANY game you'd like, the workshop is huge and you can find almost any game on there, and, for addicts like me, you get to try before you buy!
This has been the single BEST purchase I've made on Steam. Well worth the money IMHO... Sometimes voice chat gets wonky so, just make sure you also download Discord (free, online voice chat program).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Is this an infringement on copyright laws to get Table Top Simulator and then get add-ons for games that are in sold only in stores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pit of Misery wrote:
Is this an infringement on copyright laws to get Table Top Simulator and then get add-ons for games that are in sold only in stores?

If the publisher didn't explicitly give permission to the person who did it (almost certainly the case here), then yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Geek
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
DarthEd wrote:
Pit of Misery wrote:

If the publisher didn't explicitly give permission to the person who did it (almost certainly the case here), then yes.

Yeah, that is what I thought. I will stick with the retail version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jeff Burton
United States
Juno Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of board games are available on IOS, sometimes even for free
Then you are playing by the rules and not stealing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.