Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hien Nguyen Duc
Finland
Lappeenranta
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
1. When Vegas uses an Agitator to fill up the board and take over a unit, can they rotate that unit immediately or after the battle?

2. For units that have the swap ability (the ones with ? mark, like Steel Police Pacifier or Smart Transporter), if being taken over by Vegas, can Vegas player use their abilities? The rule booklet specifically uses the wording "Steel Police/Smart player may (use the effect)", which seems weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
kyokorebit wrote:
1. When Vegas uses an Agitator to fill up the board and take over a unit, can they rotate that unit immediately or after the battle?
I tought that it would happen immediately, but according to the FAQ it happens after the battle.

kyokorebit wrote:
2. For units that have the swap ability (the ones with ? mark, like Steel Police Pacifier or Smart Transporter), if being taken over by Vegas, can Vegas player use their abilities? The rule booklet specifically uses the wording "Steel Police/Smart player may (use the effect)", which seems weird.
According to this thread, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hien Nguyen Duc
Finland
Lappeenranta
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
2 answers, both are wildly different

@raphaell7: Can you confirm for the first case? Since in the FAQ I think it only mentions the case when Vegas takeovers DURING battle, not at the start like this.

The app cannot be trusted when it comes to nuanced rules like this. I’m trying to translate the Polish FAQ to English and so many times when I test the weird rules it turns out differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
kyokorebit wrote:

The app cannot be trusted when it comes to nuanced rules like this. I’m trying to translate the Polish FAQ to English and so many times when I test the weird rules it turns out differently.

In those cases, the incorrect App behavior should then be reported as a bug to the developers, right? I've contacted them before and they seem pretty responsive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kyokorebit wrote:
2 answers, both are wildly different

@raphaell7: Can you confirm for the first case? Since in the FAQ I think it only mentions the case when Vegas takeovers DURING battle, not at the start like this.

Yes, it's in the Polish FAQ.

Polish FAQ wrote:
Przejęcie – Jeśli jednostka zapełniająca planszę jest kładziona
na polu, na którym jest przejmowana, to czy na zakończenie
Bitwy jest ona obracana, zgodnie z wolą właściciela Agitatora,
zgodnie z zasadą, że jeśli Przejęcie nastąpi w czasie Bitwy, to na
jej koniec można obrócić? Analogicznie, jeśli to Agitator zapełni
planszę i ścianką z przejęciem będzie zwrócony na jednostkę,
którą może przejąć, to obróci ją na koniec Bitwy?

Tak.

JohnnyDollar wrote:
kyokorebit wrote:

In those cases, the incorrect App behavior should then be reported as a bug to the developers, right? I've contacted them before and they seem pretty responsive.
Portal took back the app from Big Daddys Creations. Portal Games Digital is now working on the app, so we will have to wait and see if it will match with the current FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hien Nguyen Duc
Finland
Lappeenranta
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@raphaell7: Thanks! Do you mind if I geekmail you later to proofread the English FAQ I translated?

JohnnyDollar wrote:
kyokorebit wrote:

The app was updated so long ago, and even basic rule like the "unlucky draw" rule hasn't even been implemented, so my hope is low

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kyokorebit wrote:
@raphaell7: Thanks! Do you mind if I geekmail you later to proofread the English FAQ I translated?
As long as I will have some time to spare, sure

kyokorebit wrote:
The app was updated so long ago, and even basic rule like the "unlucky draw" rule hasn't even been implemented, so my hope is low
Portal is now working on the app. "Unlucky draw", bug fixes, missing armies, online play, updated graphics etc. are supposed to be in the new version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
raphaell7 wrote:

kyokorebit wrote:
Portal is now working on the app. "Unlucky draw", bug fixes, missing armies, online play, updated graphics etc. are supposed to be in the new version.

Even despite those limitations, the AIs of the current app are so good, as is the interface, that I've gotten many hundreds of plays off of it, and it's my favorite board game app.

But as much as I love the current version, I am looking forward to these improvements! (Especially online play and new armies, unlucky draw would be cool too...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Neuroshima Hex! to Neuroshima Hex! Vegas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.