Subject: 1st impressions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the text of your original article:

Subject: 1st Impressions
My hype for this game has been overshadowed by Mythic Battles Pantheon but when this arrived (first) and I opened up the box and seen those Giant Robots, my enthusiasm jumped up to 11. The rule book is extremely well put together and clearly written. That definitely leaves a good taste. You know a company is passionate about their game when the rules get out through the ringer. So I set it up and get my 9 year old to play. He’s more into his video games at this age but the 3d buildings and Beautiful robots which come painted means I didn’t have to do too much convincing. At the end of the game after destroying 4 buildings I eeked out a win. I’m happy to say the gameplay lived up to the hype after 1 play. The reason is the strategy and tactics is at the forefront of this game, there are lots of interesting decisions; how do you win, do you destroy 4 buildings or do you destroy your rival? Do you pay 4 energy to bring a support unit out without a card. The way the card decks act as your health is brilliant. This is one game I’m stoked to play with my brother as skirmish games is one of our fav geners to play together. We’ve just been getting into Shadespire! I liked it at 2 but I think it will be even better at 4. Also, I backed on KS but only played retail (except for plastic player boards) and there are a couple neat extras, the retail version is a very complete game and I would have been very happy with just that, so this is not a game to bypass cause you missed out on the KS exclusive stuff. As a regular contributor of reviews on the Dice Tower, look for a review coming soon after I play it a bunch more and try the solo mode.
Also check out my YouTube channel; Jason’s board game Blogs where I recap what I’ve been playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Yuen
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would love it at four players. It brings such a different dynamic to the game.

Eg in our game when someone is about to capture their fourth building, we make an informal alliance and destroy them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.