Subject: Start on expansion story directly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rossoft rossoft
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

is it ok to start directly on the new campaign? I really do not have time to do both campaigns. Will I lose anything?

Can I start with a character from scratch directly to northern territory or is it expected to be already leveled up from the previous campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rossoft wrote:
Hi,

is it ok to start directly on the new campaign? I really do not have time to do both campaigns. Will I lose anything?

Can I start with a character from scratch directly to northern territory or is it expected to be already leveled up from the previous campaign?

You aren't expected to be already leveled up. It doesn't hurt though, some challenges will simply be too hard until you have enough power.

You will miss out on some extra progress points if you don't do the original campaign.

Also, campaign in the expansion, "Child of Light," will be mean a whole lot less if you don't at least read the campaign in the core game.

The expansions campaign is a straight up continuation of the original campaign, not a separate storyline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rossoft rossoft
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to cheat a bit and just have a few extra progress points to not be so weak? I see it ok to just read the original campaign. I just don't have time for everything arggg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
rossoft wrote:
Is it possible to cheat a bit and just have a few extra progress points to not be so weak? I see it ok to just read the original campaign. I just don't have time for everything arggg

Yep, just look at the Achievement Tracker and check off everything for the Valley of Death campaign.

It's totally fine if you don't have those progress points either. Just whatever you feel works for you!

If you prefer the game to not be too difficult, I'd just double your starting progress points to 40.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rossoft rossoft
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.