New Angeles» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Action Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Davey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are going to play our first 5 player game tonight, and I feel like I am missing something regarding the number of action cards each player has. To elaborate: if I am Jinteki and go first, proposing a deal, that is one of my 3 cards gone. So in theory, if I want to participate in the next 2 turns, I will be out of cards for the final 2 deals and unable to contribute at all.

Is this right? The card economy seems very tight and I can't ever see any player having enough cards to see out a complete round of deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
You typically won't want to vote every round anyway.

I'm also pretty sure that you start with three cards then immediately draw another three cards on your first turn. So you'll actually have five cards (after playing one) at the end of your first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
You typically won't want to vote every round anyway.

I'm also pretty sure that you start with three cards then immediately draw another three cards on your first turn. So you'll actually have five cards (after playing one) at the end of your first turn.

Ah, that makes sense! So the 3 cards you get during setup are in addition to the 3 you draw on your turn. Although, when do you need to discard down to 5 in respect to the hand limit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ExplodingSnail wrote:
when do you need to discard down to 5 in respect to the hand limit?

At the end of your turn (and only your turn, not other players' turns)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.