Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Major Airfix
United States
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big come-from-behind victories are cool and instructive. Do you have a favorite?

For instance, I just ran across an underdog victory (1st Armored to the Rescue) that was won by a cadet in 4 turns. This had to be a huge shock to the Axis player who was a Colonel[https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44-online/en/battle/?id=6...:turn=1]. After being pummeled, he used some gutsy last-gasp tank units to pin the Axis to the edge of the board, and he then benefited from flags, an overrun, and an objective medal.

Any examples of come-from-behind or super short games you've seen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cadets over Colonels -- Your best come-from-behind victory?
Down 4-0 at 1st Armored to the Rescue. I was the Allies. Played attack center and my first attack whiffed. But then..

Two armor units on the right flank scored 5 medals by first eliminating 2 Axis armor units, destroying their artillery, taking ground to gain the medal, and finishing off another tank unit.

Allies winn 5-4.

https://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44-online/en/battle/?id=2...

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Airfix
United States
US
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Cadets over Colonels -- Your best come-from-behind victory?

That is a great last move. Very gutsy going after that artillery, but it paid off. What I liked is that you didn't take the obvious move which would have been to stay in the fray and slug it out.

This is a bit like a game I viewed were someone won Pegasus bridge (0 to 4 medals) in one turn using a Air Attack card and getting 4 hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.