Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
Sígueme en mi Canal de Youtube
badge
Follow me in my YouTube Channel
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the first condition to lose one step on the Loyalty Track?
In the manual it is written:
1) Any time an Event Card with an NPC Captain is
drawn

Which event cards?
a) the event cards that enter the NPC for the first time?
b) the event cards that move the NPCs (with the flags at the top) already on the board?
c) the event cards that move (due to an effect of the text of a card) an NPC from a sea to another sea?

Thanks for answer!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST:                The Crystal Caverns The Fearsome Foes The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the NPC captain cards (which list their ship type and stats) will trigger the loyalty loss, and only when they are first drawn from the event deck.

Event cards that would move NPCs, whether they are on the board or not, do not affect loyalty.
A previously revealed NPC that is revealed when the one above it is sunk by by player does not affect loyalty either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jarvis
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When they are drawn for the first time.

The others do not have captains on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a) only. Not b, nor c.
Event cards that have an NPC name, captain skill strengths, and the ship type that will enter the board.

Note: Loyalty is decreased every time (not just the first time that nation appears on the board)

Also note: for some reason, it does not matter if you are a pirate or not, the loyalty will be decreased on your ship regardless of the NPC type to appear on the board.

Interestingly, some games can begin awesomely by having the double event card appear first, causing two event cards to be drawn, possibly causing two captains to be drawn. On first turn the loyalty can be decreased two notches. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.