Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarter Campaign date:
February 20th - March 31st

The Essence

The Essence is a strategy board game for 2-5 players. Each player represents one of the factions struggling for dominance in this magic-punk world of mysterious powers and powerful technology. During the game you will develop your "flying kingdom" by building great monuments and locations, hiring loyal advisors, fighting other nations and reading prophecy fragments, all of which will bring you closer to your ultimate goal – rebuilding the Great Crystal and becoming the Emperor of the New World!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Gewar wrote:
Kickstarter Campaign date:
February 20th - March 31st

Preview link:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cube-ludibooster/172114...

The Essence is a strategy board game for 2-5 players. Each player represents one of the factions struggling for dominance in this magic-punk world of mysterious powers and powerful technology. During the game you will develop your "flying kingdom" by building great monuments and locations, hiring loyal advisors, fighting other nations and reading prophecy fragments, all of which will bring you closer to your ultimate goal – rebuilding the Great Crystal and becoming the Emperor of the New World!

Link doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wombat929 wrote:

Link doesn't work.

Thanks - should work now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baby Elephant
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gewar wrote:
wombat929 wrote:

Link doesn't work.

Thanks - should work now

Nope. Still doesn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Elencha wrote:
Gewar wrote:
wombat929 wrote:

Link doesn't work.

Thanks - should work now

Nope. Still doesn't.

Now it should be ok - the link was to long

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
Great box cover, nice layout in the rules, solid graphic design. Definitely a KS I would look at more closely.

A couple thoughts for revision:

1 - It would be great if you used a couple more keywords for mechanisms in your early description of the game. I can see that there is some city building and deck building, but it's not clear to me what I'm supposed to be doing to win. The win con itself isn't in the video or the early description.

2 - I would reduce the space given to each faction on the opening page and do that in early updates. Foreground the gameplay a bit more.

3 - your CUBE FACTORY intro clip is about twice as long as it should be, at least for something at the beginning of the video.

4 - You say this is being made by CUBE factory, but then Big Bad Wolf studios is featured under "about us." We need more detail about who you are.

5 - your reliance in your video of having worked with big publishers doesn't add anything to your pitch if you don't say which publishers and products you've worked on.

6 - The biggest gap for me would be that you have no reviews at all.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, game looks intriguing. Some honest feedback, though: I know I'm probably in the minority here, but fwiw, I'd be more inclined to back if the art for the female player characters were a little more reasonable and a little less exploitative.

Not trying to stir anything up, and only mentioning on the off chance stuff isn't finalized. Just my two cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Rzepka
Poland
Gdynia -> Poznań
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign is live:
https://goo.gl/JAiF3G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.