Subject: Differences between KS and retail editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a comprehensive list of all the differences between the KS and retail editions? In particular I'm interested in any content in the KS edition that will not be in the retail edition and will need to be acquired separately, but a full list including all cosmetic differences would be nice as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Oorf, you're asking for a lot there, there's so much content that I would have a hard time to break it down I'll ask if they can answer you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no difference. But backers receive a few free add-ons. These add-ons are available for retail too, just not for free. They are marked on the campaign stretch goals with little green badges. They are:

1) 3 resource sacks for beans, milk and sugar
2) set of 8 cubee meeples (in choice of "nude" or "apron")
3) Boardgame Media promo pack (approximately 22 cards)
4) Quality Beasts promo pack (approximately 22 cards)
5) City Celebrities promo pack (card quantity: a mystery!)
6) resin first player marker(s)

Again, you can get all of these retail (while supplies last) but they will be paid-for, out-of-box items.

Hope this helps to answer your question!

PS. Oh, and backers get €5 off the MSRP for the base game and another €5 off MSRP for the 5 to 6 player expansion. As of now we are not 100% what the bonus Founder Cards will cost but backers are getting them free of charge for the purchase of a Blaue Bohne box sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the list! I'm embarrassed to say that I hadn't paid enough attention to the campaign and needed bailing out.

The Resin Snack Pack add-on, while not included in the package and possibly available later, might belong in the list as well for practical costs-a-lot-of-extra-shipping-if-purchased-later reasons. Will these be prepainted? Could use something like this to use with other games too like Grand Austria Hotel if quantity and variety of items match up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are painted. They are by the same manufacturer that did the Stonemaier treasure chests if you've seen those. They will comparable in quality and style.

Due to their high quality the cost is non-trivial and this is why we did not include it in as a free backer promo. Already the €39 pledge level gave backers about €77,50 worth of content and components.

What is the quantity and variety you would be looking for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked again at Grand Austria Hotel and color-wise the snacks don't match, so I might not go that route after all. GAH has 30 cubes each of black coffee, white cake, light brown strudel, and red wine. The red wine I'd obviously have to get elsewhere, the black coffee I could use the coffee beans, light brown strudel I could use the croissants. It would be great if the cakes in the resin snack pack were white to match GAH, but if not I could use sugar cubes.

With 6 of each resource in the resin snack pack I'd have to get 5 sets which is really steep price-wise and another reason I'll probably not go that route.

But I'm excited that you were able to source those resin components from the manufacturer who did Stonemaier's (Panda?) because theirs are really nice. Totally understand why they're an add-on since they're not cheap. It's already pretty crazy that you've managed to squeeze in the resin coffee beans, milk cartons, and sugar cubes into the game! Those will be in the retail version as well?

Perhaps you would consider creating a separate snack pack product that could cover the needs of GAH as well as other games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Mann
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dilkROM wrote:

As of now we are not 100% what the bonus Founder Cards will cost but backers are getting them free of charge for the purchase of a Blaue Bohne box sleeve.

Do the bonus founder cards come with the 5-6 pack expansion as well ? or only with the sleeve ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BalsaWood wrote:
dilkROM wrote:

As of now we are not 100% what the bonus Founder Cards will cost but backers are getting them free of charge for the purchase of a Blaue Bohne box sleeve.

Do the bonus founder cards come with the 5-6 pack expansion as well ? or only with the sleeve ?

Yes they come with the 5/6 player expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Y P, sorry that I missed this and although a lot of time has passed I figure it may still be useful to answer.

MentatYP wrote:
With 6 of each resource in the resin snack pack I'd have to get 5 sets which is really steep price-wise and another reason I'll probably not go that route.

Agreed. I can't responsibly recommend this.

MentatYP wrote:
But I'm excited that you were able to source those resin components from the manufacturer who did Stonemaier's (Panda?) because theirs are really nice.

Yup, and now that we're seeing the final versions straight from mass production I am happy to report it was the right decision. Panda is not letting us down!

MentatYP wrote:
It's already pretty crazy that you've managed to squeeze in the resin coffee beans, milk cartons, and sugar cubes into the game! Those will be in the retail version as well?

Thanks for saying so. I think these components were very important to give the game the fun factor it has. And yes, our current "Kickstarter" version is the retail version. Though we do kick around ideas at the office of a streamlined version (which non-fabric cups and way customer groups) to be released if we sell completely out and there is still retail demand. We'll just have to see how things go!

MentatYP wrote:
Perhaps you would consider creating a separate snack pack product that could cover the needs of GAH as well as other games

Very interesting! Will certainly add it to our list of release ideas. Thanks for the feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dilkROM
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
BalsaWood wrote:
dilkROM wrote:

Yes they come with the 5/6 player expansion.

Year late, but yes, can verify this is correct.

My gross apologies to have missed this thread, y'all! :O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.