18 Posts

This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » News

Subject: Expansion announced by Galakta rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
I wonder if this is going to be based on KS content or something new - looks like the latter...

http://galakta-games.com/index.php/2018/02/15/first-expansio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah. Yes, this is new. Unless it repackages KS content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a fan of most of the add-on content from the KS, so hopefully this batch of content is better developed than things like the Sewers and those awful combat maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't they still having loads of trouble getting the components for the FIRST game to the people who kickstarted it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern Conciergerie Easylife
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
Always look on the... *sigh* ... bright side of life !
mbmbmbmbmb
I can agree to that, I just received my package this morning. What a ridiculous affair this has been. I still have to try this all out now ! So I can't say much about an upcomming expansion... laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
I can agree to that, I just received my package this morning. What a ridiculous affair this has been. I still have to try this all out now ! So I can't say much about an upcomming expansion... laugh
That's mental - my mate bought me the retail version for Christmas. It's crazy that I've had my copy longer than you, who kickstarted it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:

At last!

(still waiting for my painted minis though)

Two concerns about the expansion:

1) I'm ok if it's new content and I'm ok if it's old content. I just hope it's not a mix of both.

2) If there are new minis, it would be a problem to have them painted the same way the old ones were. In that case, and combined to the huge shipping delays I had to endure, it seems that there was not a single day this game wasn't a frustration of some kind. Always something missing at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Eawyne wrote:

At last!

(still waiting for my painted minis though)

Yeah ! And they only started to answer me when I had one of the designers in the loop... But of course, it was way to late by then. I sent them a fiery mail, but I imagine they won't read it robot

mattpburgess wrote:
Eawyne wrote:
That's mental - my mate bought me the retail version for Christmas. It's crazy that I've had my copy longer than you, who kickstarted it!!

I don't mind the delay, I had taken all the stretch goals, all the add-ons... It's not much the delay that bothers me, it's the total lack of customer service from AR.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The blurb makes me feel it is the KS add ons

"New faces can be seen around the city – the friendly ones at the makeshift market or in neighboring houses, the hostile ones in the night, with blinding flashlights and clubs and knives."

Sounds like the tactics expansion for hostile and maybe Farmers/Orphans for freindly

and then

"We seek new paths to travel through the ruins – sometimes even underground – just to avoid sniper fire and loot anything of value. It’s never much."

sounds very much like the Sewers Expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jokeroz wrote:
The blurb makes me feel it is the KS add ons

"New faces can be seen around the city – the friendly ones at the makeshift market or in neighboring houses, the hostile ones in the night, with blinding flashlights and clubs and knives."

Sounds like the tactics expansion for hostile and maybe Farmers/Orphans for freindly

and then

"We seek new paths to travel through the ruins – sometimes even underground – just to avoid sniper fire and loot anything of value. It’s never much."

sounds very much like the Sewers Expansion

Except they said on Facebook that "This expansion will make both KS pledgers and new gamers happy".

Which basically seems to mean that KS pledgers won't as this expansion would be a mix of both old and new material.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Not 100% new stuff, but not 100% KS either"

I don't think there will be many KS backers happy if new content requires buying content they already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Crolles
France
flag msg tools
Solo soul
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jokeroz wrote:

I don't think there will be many KS backers happy if new content requires buying content they already have.

At the very least, that would make some material to trade for other things... But yeah, it's not really good news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Could this be ks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jokeroz wrote:

Maybe but it is good news for retail version owners, like me. As far as I know, KS addons are quite critisized, so my guess is that they decided not to release them for retail but to make something better.. I hope.. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hopefully it is all new content. It would make little sense to me to keep this suspense if they are just printing a compendium of the KS expansions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
hopefully it is all new content. It would make little sense to me to keep this suspense if they are just printing a compendium of the KS expansions...

It's not, as confirmed on FB: ""Not 100% new stuff, but not 100% KS either""

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
jokeroz wrote:

Maybe but it is good news for retail version owners, like me. As far as I know, KS addons are quite critisized, so my guess is that they decided not to release them for retail but to make something better.. I hope.. cool

How so? It would be far better for all if they'd to a KS expansions only expansion and a second one with totally new stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.