Popular Tags: [View All]
Gilbert Tobal
Spain
Arroyomolinos
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

We've only played 6 lantern years of our first campaign so far and we're having a good time. We're aware that expansions are not designed to be added mid-campaign and that the core game has tons of content as it is but the truth is it'll be hard to resist not adding an expansion or two come march. The question is quite simple:

Should we do it? If so, which out of dragon king, Gorm, Sunstalker, Slenderman, Flower Knight and dung beatle knight should we add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Sloth might be my spirit animal
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansions are designed to be added mid-campaign.
Anyway, if you are doing well enough, try Sunstalker and/or Dung Beetle Knight.

Flower Knight is close, but add it only if the game feels too hard and you would use a boost.

Dragon King is a nice addition too, but it is a fun fight and meh-equipment, so keep it for when you are accustomed to other, more rewarding quarries.

No way you should add Slenderman right away. Enjoy your king's man.

Gorm is a bit too late, but it scales well in midgame, so it's a matter of preferences.

In the end, do as you wish - have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Tobal
Spain
Arroyomolinos
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Expansions are designed to be added mid-campaign.
Anyway, if you are doing well enough, try Sunstalker and/or Dung Beetle Knight.

Flower Knight is close, but add it only if the game feels too hard and you would use a boost.

Dragon King is a nice addition too, but it is a fun fight and meh-equipment, so keep it for when you are accustomed to other, more rewarding quarries.

No way you should add Slenderman right away. Enjoy your king's man.

Gorm is a bit too late, but it scales well in midgame, so it's a matter of preferences.

In the end, do as you wish - have fun!

I like the idea of adding sunstalker and dung beetle for variety. We're doing reasonably well (only 2 casualties, one from taking an unecessary gamble with a sword beetle)and wouldn't mind having more options mid-game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fen Batten
Sweden
flag msg tools
Stop Poking!
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of those won't turn up until after LY6, so it doesn't matter if you add them.

DK is a fun fight with OK Gear
DBK and Sunstalker are fun fights with amazing gear
Gorm, I wouldn't bother at this point unless you have Song of the Brave already innovated so you can add it without too much disruption.

FK shouldn't be needed.
Slenderman, well see how you feel about the King's Man (note the King's Curse destroys armor on the location it manifests, so bare that in mind - confirmed by WoP). If you're like the rest of us, you'll put the Slenderman in for every other campaign for the rest of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Fen, about the destroyed armor, actually it was confirmed the opposite (yeah, I always played it to destroy the armor - well, not first time I make things artificially tougher) - this is the tweet in question https://twitter.com/MarcAranha/status/812041198441558016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Wasberg
msg tools
mbmbmb
Don´t forget the Lion God.
He should fit into every campaign, because you only hunt him 1-3 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
Fen, about the destroyed armor, actually it was confirmed the opposite (yeah, I always played it to destroy the armor - well, not first time I make things artificially tougher) - this is the tweet in question https://twitter.com/MarcAranha/status/812041198441558016
"confirmed," my ass

That was errata, and the only question is whether it now functions as intended, or the change was a later choice.

Re: adding expansions, I don't think you should, because I think the core is worth experiencing on its own, and it'll give you more longevity out of your expansions by gradually adding them.

I was going to list which expansions I might add, but I wouldn't. So, I'll list which to definitely not add: I think the beetle is too rough without a campaign under your belt, and the flower knight shouldn't be played because it makes the game notably easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
badge
Ok, ok, NOW I get it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, l1 sunstalker is probably easier than l1 dbk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.