Rum & Bones: Second Tide» Forums » General

Subject: Pair Second Tide with First Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Chauvin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey guys,

I already have Rum & Bones First Edition, and I have the possibility to get Second Tide ridiculously cheap. Can you use Second Tide with First Edition without the upgrade kit, or do you still need it? It is marketed as a standalone game and an expansion for R&B1.

Is this worth getting if I have first edition?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's definitely worth owning if you enjoy the first edition. But without the upgrade kit, you won't be a able to use both editions together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To further clarify, it isn't an expansion to first edition (nor is it marketed as such to the best of my knowledge), but you can play it together with 1st edition if you use the upgrade kit.
You would then be functionally playing second edition with the option to use factions from both editions.

Second edition imho is a strictly better game than fixes some issues with the first, so if you can get it for cheap I'd say go for it even without the upgrade kit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chauvin
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the reply guys. It kinda sucks it won't be compitable with first edition, as it seems impossible to get a hand on the upgrade kit here in Norway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Auld
United States
Healdsburg
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Ignorance is Bliss!
mbmbmbmbmb
ThomasChau wrote:
...it seems impossible to get a hand on the upgrade kit here in Norway!

It’s pretty much impossible to get the upgrade kit anywhere. We’ve been waiting for it to hit retail anywhere for a year or so now. It’s looking more and more like they may have dropped the Upgrade Kit entirely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.