United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys...

Will be playing Battlelore for the first time in over a decade, and my first play of the reluctant allies variant.

How exactly do you build the lore deck with 4 players? The rules only discuss how to build when there are 2 players. I was surprised to see that not mentioned in the reluctant allies section.

Specifically, in the 2 player section, the rules state how to build the deck if only 1 player has a specific leader, or both players.

How would this work with 4 players? is '1 player' considered '1 team', or should i build it in another way that was mentioned perhaps in an faq for something?

thx guys...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with the 2 team concept, since it is easy to define.
Theoretically you could define the Lore Deck composition by presence on 0-4 Lore Councils, but that would be House rules.
e.g.
0 = 5 cards
1 = 7 cards
2 = 9 cards
3 = 12 cards
4 = 14 cards

If you want to wade through the FFG Forum, it is here
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/forum/24-battlelore...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks... thats basically how i was planning on doing it.

I'll wade thru the ffg forums to see if there was every any kind of concrete answer... im surprised to see that it was never addressed here on BGG... seems like a largish oversight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy BattleLore, but found Reluctant Allies rather awkward. Generally speaking, you play to your hand, say a lot of Left cards means attacking on the Left.

When you alternate between hands, and 50% of units cost 2 orders to move, that planning aspect is significantly reduced. So Epic RA became quite a long and frustrating game compared to normal Epic.

Far as I know, the Reluctant Allies mechanism of alternating hands has never been duplicated in another C&C game, so I suspect it was neither popular nor well tested. So I'm not too surprised that the Lore Deck composition wasn't major problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
you may be right (i hope you're not, though, as i'll be trying it out tomorrow).

btw i went thru the FFG forums and couldnt find any reference to the lore deck compositions.

thanks for the help though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.