Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabor Monzak
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I tried to read a lot of post about this hero. I was confused a bit. I would like to clarify the skill of this hero.

1. Not clear (I will wrote only heal, but stamina is same)
Mok can heal at other heroes only ONE Heart/turn or Mok able to heal all of the damages that other hero has suffered. He completely cures the other hero?

2. He can repeat the healing every Hero turn? That means all hero within the range fully healing every turn?

3. When he heals, he recovers 1 heart/turn (OR stamina). One full round that means he can heal 5 hearts maximum (at 4 hero games)?

I hope you understand the above questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sadgit
Germany
flag msg tools
Descent 2nd Edition Community Rules Reference Guide
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Elder Monk clarification
Hero ability:
Once per turn, when another hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 or more
or
, you may recover 1
or 1

Explanation
Mok can recover 1
or 1
whenever another hero within 3 spaces of him recovers 1 (or more)
or 1 (or more)
Mok's ability does not provide any mean to make other heroes than himself recover anything. The triggering condition is other heroes recovering something through another ability. It can be used once per turn, thus 5 times maximum per round (4 hero turns + 1 OL turn).

Examples:
- A hero is revived within 3 spaces of Mok - Mok's Hero ability triggers.
- Prayer of Healing is used on a hero within 3 spaces of Mok - Mok's Hero ability triggers.

It get's a little more complicated if Mok himself is using a "recovery" ability (let's say the Disciple's Prayer of Healing) on another hero. It works like this:

1. Mok suffers 1
to use Prayer of Healing on an adjacent Grisban.
2. Grisban is within 3 spaces and recovers 1-3
3. Mok uses his Hero ability to recover 1
or 1
, his choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabor Monzak
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest editing the typo in the title of this thread. His name is "Mok" instead of "Monk." If you edit your title, that will let people find this thread when searching for info on him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teth Adam
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest challenge with Elder Mok is that he feels dirty when you use him on a 4 hero team and as an OL he's nigh impossible to fight against. He will almost never be fatigued / need to rest. Given that he's a healer and will have some class that promotes healing others - he will likely always heal himself.

He's pretty much broke yet awesome. Play him and old school Nanok with a rogue and spellcaster for a truly broken party!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.