Subject: Best user generated content? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bone
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
Hi,

I recently discovered the "Stranger Things" campaign for Arkham Horror LCG which looks awesome, as well as some user generated scenarios for both Time Stories and Robinson Crusoe.

Has anyone played anything they would recommend - for these, or other games? Was hoping to find something on Fog of Love but no luck so far!

Thanks

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played them yet, but there is a free level 7 adventure and an additional adventure path for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set at http://www.welbybumpus.com/menu.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty open-ended question without knowing what games you like to play. There is a lot of what I'd consider to be fantastic user content for Mage Knight (quests/store cards/other things that greatly add to the game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bone
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
Thanks - yes, I appreciate that, but have a large collection of games, access to loads more through my game club and friends, and will no doubt buy a "couple" more this year, so any response is of interest, and knowing there is lots of user generated content might actually push me to a game I wouldn`t have bought otherwise!

Thanks for the two comments so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a similar thread recently which might be of use:

Games with Player-made add ons?

I've not played much (possibly any) fan expansions but I did suggest a few games that I'd seen fan generated expansions for in that thread. I know the fan expansions for Race for the Galaxy are fairly well regarded amongst people who have played them (but that's always gonig to be a small number of people).

Searching for games containing "fan expansion" will give you more results too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The X Wing co-op campaign is right up there with the best and most ambitious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bone
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
Thanks - I`ll check that out now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, the HotAC materials for X-Wing is amazing.

There is a guy that has done a ton of stuff for Firefly: The Game.

And another one that has done basically an entire extra expansion (or two, soon the be three) for Sentinels of the Multiverse.

Plus a few complete redesign projects for PnP versions of old, OOP games.

As you may be figuring out, there's a lot out there. Your best bet is to browse through the files section and forums of the games you like and see what is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I think it's cool that Caverna: The Forgotten Folk started as a fan expansion posted to BGG.

Also, for 10000GG I will photoshop myself mostly naked onto the cover off you favorite game. Does that count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.