Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, I'm looking for players in the Lansing area who are interested in playing in a Descent 2nd Edition Campaign(s) and/or Sword and Sorcery. I'm looking to host since I have many expansions for descent, and it is just a lot to pack up and take somewhere. I'm also interested in playing other campaign games such as Sword & Sorcery or Imperial Assault.

I have no problem teaching any of these games and I'm looking for players of any experience. Depending on the group, I would like to commit to playing once a week or once every other week. Preferably a week day or Friday night starting around 5-6pm and playing for around 2 hours a session. If it's a Friday night I don't mind playing longer into the night.

*Games like Descent or Imperial Assault I'm interested in playing 1 vs Many or with the app. It will just depend on player count and which experience everyone wants.

--------------------------------------------

A little about me and my location.

-I live with my girl friend and own a house near Waverly/Saginaw intersection.

-We have two dogs, so be aware if you have allergies. You don't have to worry about them jumping on you they are pretty well behaved.

-We have no kids.

-Big enough drive way that you wouldn't have to worry about street parking.

-I'ld prefer to be done gaming most weekday nights (besides Friday) by 8:30pm. I would prefer a schedule around 4-8/5-8.

-It's a clean home. You don't have to worry about walking into a hoarder house or a place that has dishes pilled up in the sink. I don't mind if you have food and drinks as long as they aren't too messy. I have a nice gaming space upstairs to play at. It's basically a dedicated board game/Warhammer 40k room. I only mention some of this because I know it can be a bit weird going to a strangers house and not knowing what to expect.

-Lastly and maybe most important. I play games to have fun! I am competitive but I can set aside competition for group enjoyment. I have a very chill personality and usually can laugh off bad dice rolls or appreciate a back stab by another player as an impressive strategy. Please understand I'm looking for other players who understand this mentality. I just mention this because since some of these games are 1 vs Many with out the app. I don't want people to think if I'm the overlord that I will try to stomp the heroes every game, and I'ld expect the same judgement if another player is the overlord. (I try to treat it as a DM role)

-------------------------------------------

Let me know if this interest you or if you have any questions. Either reply to the thread or just PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I live in Grand Ledge and would be interested in playing Imperial Assault sometime. I own the core set and only read the rules and started the tutorial on the App. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph LoPresto
United States
Lansing
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sure thing, I'll see if over the course of a couple more weeks if we don't have some more people respond. Then, we can plan on setting up to schedule and time to play. I live on Saginaw near the mall so Grand ledge is a pretty short drive.

Would you have interest in Descent at all? Mechanics wise it isn't too different than Imperial Assault, if you know one you practically know the other. Also I have one expansions for Imperial Assault. I wouldn't mind playing a campaign or two of IA instead if that's what a small group would prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Ok, just let me know.

I would be interested in learning more about Descent for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.