United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for people complaining about Kickstarter ruining the industry.

The regular forum has become too crowded with those posts again and it's getting hard to find content for those of us who actually want to play games rather than whine about marketing that they don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Just for people complaining about Kickstarter ruining the industry.

The regular forum has become too crowded with those posts again and it's getting hard to find content for those of us who actually want to play games rather than whine about marketing that they don't like.

On one hand, sounds bit excessive.

On the other, it's not the most ridiculous thing in the BGG forums structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Gray
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that didn't take long...

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28276613#28276613

Haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a complaint forum. That's where those threads and this one should go. No need for a new forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
There's a complaint forum. That's where those threads and this one should go. No need for a new forum.

No, Complaints Department is the one that the admins use to passive-aggressively mock users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the generic thread for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
And yet another forum for threads complaining about too many “complaining about Kickstarter threads.”

Creating a new thread to complain about complaint threads cluttering the forum reminds me of those people who “reply to all” saying “stop replying to all.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sick of threads that are about complaining about other threads myself.

I've seen more entertaining ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
While we're at it, I think we need a forum for people to argue the merits of Hot Deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:
While we're at it, I think we need a forum for people to argue the merits of Hot Deals.

And 6 or 7 pages describing exactly the parameters of what makes a deal hot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:

Ratings would be first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

It would be useful to have a new forum where folk can post suggestions for new forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Posthumous Jones
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The math does not support your assertion. Of the 50 posts on the front page, 5 (6 if you count yours) are related to Kickstarter. Unless the other 44 are Trojan-Horse discussions about Kickstarter the topic is easy to avoid.

My suggestion to you: if a subject heading contains the word Kickstarter, avoid it, if that’s your preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
fambans wrote:

No, Complaints Department is the one that the admins use to passive-aggressively mock users.

For what it’s worth, users use it to mock users too.

To the comment directly above though, I disagree. 10% of the front page is a LOT. Especially when it’s half of the top ten threads. I’d bet a majority of users don’t browse past the first 10 or 20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom0909
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
fambans wrote:

For what it’s worth, users use it to mock users too.

To the comment directly above though, I disagree. 10% of the front page is a LOT. Especially when it’s half of the top ten threads. I’d bet a majority of users don’t browse past the first 10 or 20.

I'd take the other side of that bet.

Also, the reason those threads are near the top is because so many people respond to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. They're at the top, and remain there, because the majority of people see them and then interact with them. The majority of people also do not bother to go further down the page than the top, which would help bump up new threads, so again the top threads remain there until new threads are made.

Regarding most people probably not bothering to read past the first 20 or so threads see the 90/9/1 Principle, Pareto principle, or Participation Inequality.

The vast majority of users in any case only interact with a slim margin of the content. If you recognize someone's username here, they're a power user by default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
fambans wrote:

I'm not an admin.

Pete (otherwise concedes the point)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Exactly. They're at the top, and remain there, because the majority of people see them and then interact with them. The majority of people also do not bother to go further down the page than the top, which would help bump up new threads, so again the top threads remain there until new threads are made.

Exactly. BGG users enjoy these threads far too much. They need to be eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monopoly is the most prolific board game because of convenience and availability, perhaps familiarity. I doubt anyone would say it’s enjoyed the most. You’re putting two unrelated statements together as if one causes the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoff Jordaan
South Africa
Pretoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:

Exactly. BGG users enjoy these threads far too much. They need to be eliminated.
The threads or the users enjoying them?

Edit: Although now that I think about it, why not just have a giant stickied pinned Kickstarter thread? That way the discussion would permanently stay at the top of the forum without the need for more thread generation, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.