4 Posts

Fields of Despair: France 1914-1918» Forums » Rules

Subject: Block changing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Chilcote

North Carolina
msg tools
Want some clarification on when I can make changes to the blocks in a hex.

1) After Breakout Combat - understand this is point where hexes must be reduced to minimum of 3 blocks. But if hex already has 3 or less blocks, can it still make changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
homerdog1 wrote:
Want some clarification on when I can make changes to the blocks in a hex.

1) After Breakout Combat - understand this is point where hexes must be reduced to minimum of 3 blocks. But if hex already has 3 or less blocks, can it still make changes?

You're talking about section 8.1? Yes, you can make changes even if a given hex has less than 3 blocks in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Chilcote

North Carolina
msg tools
Actually, talking about immediately after Breakout Movement, as stated in 6.2.3 the stacking limitation can be temporarily ignored until end of Breakout phase. Thus, this a point in the game where blocks can be manipulated, and was wondering if player can adjust hexes not impacted by the stacking limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb

Well, I'll defer to Kurt, but 6.23 is talking about what to do if you have a hex with more than 3 blocks in it; I can't see messing with a hex that only has 3 or less blocks.

Of course, the rules say
Quote:
A player is permitted to use his Force
Pool or blocks in play to “make change” provided the total SPs
in a hex does not change.

so theoretically, you could have a hex with 4 blocks, and make change using blocks from hexes with 3 or fewer blocks, as long as the total SP in a hex doesn't change. Somewhere though, I'd say that there has to be one hex with 4 blocks in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.