Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Follow the Map!
badge
These organisms are cleaning out an eye socket infection
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they take retreat from ZOI losses?

Also, does the charging cavalry have to pay MP for a subsequent charge after automatically advancing after retreat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usmint99 wrote:
Do they take retreat from ZOI losses?

Also, does the charging cavalry have to pay MP for a subsequent charge after automatically advancing after retreat?

Stephen,

Which rules? Regs?

I assume this situation has cavalry charging infantry skirmishers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While Dave is correct that we’ll need to know which rule set you are using, I think the answer to your first question is generally the same for all the rule sets. It’s PGD (or routed) units that lose an increment for withdrawing from or retreating through an enemy Zone of Influence. Retreating before combat does not treat the retreating unit as routed, therefore it does not lose increments for retreating from a Zone of Influence.

In reality, the skirmishers would be withdrawing simultaneously with the cavalry’s charge. The game mechanics create a sort of artificial start-and-stop, as it’s not really possible to create the dynamic flow of the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tam
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Follow the Map!
badge
These organisms are cleaning out an eye socket infection
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
While Dave is correct that we’ll need to know which rule set you are using, I think the answer to your first question is generally the same for all the rule sets. It’s PGD (or routed) units that lose an increment for withdrawing from or retreating through an enemy Zone of Influence. Retreating before combat does not treat the retreating unit as routed, therefore it does not lose increments for retreating from a Zone of Influence.

In reality, the skirmishers would be withdrawing simultaneously with the cavalry’s charge. The game mechanics create a sort of artificial start-and-stop, as it’s not really possible to create the dynamic flow of the situation.

Sorry. I'm using M-L rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.