Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
I understand the GP-Rules in this way:

- The player who passes first will be the startingplayer in the next round. After his turn the other player will make their moves/turns in clockwise order for the rest of the round.

But i remember that this was not the case in TM. There all players did made their turns in the same sequence like they gave back their roundbooster (not only the starting player).
Since there is a card in GP (between the automacards) that seem to have exactly the function of showing the turn-order i started to ask myselph if i got that rule wrong.

So my question is:
Is the turnoder of all player determined by the order they passed their last turns or is that only true for the startingplayer of the next round.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an optional "advanced" rule that has play order based on the order you pass, using the Turn Order card included in the game. The standard rules just go clockwise in GP, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I strongly suggest using the Turn Order Card. Play is much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Wow. So fast responses. Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
IIRC, in the base TM, the rule was the same as in base GP (ie: turn order from the first player).
The Fire and Ice expansion changed it to the (IMHO, much better) new player order = pass order.
Which, as stated is included as an optional rule in GP (and should pretty much always be used, again IMHO).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Perez
United States
Terrell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

100% agree. I can’t think of any good reason to play without using the variable turn order rules. I think that should be the standard play method with clockwise as a variant rather than vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Surge1000 wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

100% agree. I can’t think of any good reason to play without using the variable turn order rules. I think that should be the standard play method with clockwise as a variant rather than vice versa.

Maybe the authors thought that this rule would make it unneccessariely complicated without beeing important enough of an improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
RindFisch wrote:
IIRC, in the base TM, the rule was the same as in base GP (ie: turn order from the first player).
The Fire and Ice expansion changed it to the (IMHO, much better) new player order = pass order.
Which, as stated is included as an optional rule in GP (and should pretty much always be used, again IMHO).

Ah ok. I didnt remember that.
I think if there ever will be a competetive GP-play (online or reallife) it will be surely be played with that turnordercard. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
yonek wrote:
Surge1000 wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

Maybe the authors thought that this rule would make it unneccessariely complicated without beeing important enough of an improvement.

More like Jens prefers 1st player turn order and Helge prefers variable turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
More like Jens prefers 1st player turn order and Helge prefers variable turn order.
And in this case Helge is right and Jens is wrong! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Droegemueller
Germany
Frankfurt
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
DocCool wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

arrrh devil ninja zombie gulp yuk T S H A C K A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Droegi wrote:
DocCool wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

arrrh devil ninja zombie gulp yuk T S H A C K A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.