Harry Potter Miniatures Adventure Game» Forums » General

Subject: Co-op or not rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peppepeppe69 Santa
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As my subject, I would be glad to know if it is cooperative or competitive, if it is co-op I will back it, otherside I will pass.

Let me know if someone already knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks and sounds like a skirmish pvp. Maybe with the 1.5 mio. $ strech goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t know where everyone is getting the Skirmish bit from. Just because Knights is making it? There are several maps, talk of quests, it has adventure right in the name. There’s a campaign. That reads as dungeon crawler to me. Probably dungeon-crawler lite but I don’t think this will be anything like the Fallout skirmish game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
The layout of the stuff makes it look like a 1vs1 game on a grid. Maybe the quests are just scenarios for regular games.

It could be similar to Imperial Assault by having both a campaign and skirmish game, at this stage it is impossible to tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I don’t know where everyone is getting the Skirmish bit from. Just because Knights is making it? There are several maps, talk of quests, it has adventure right in the name. There’s a campaign. That reads as dungeon crawler to me. Probably dungeon-crawler lite but I don’t think this will be anything like the Fallout skirmish game.

The description on this BGG page, and on the publisher's website includes "During the game, players must outmanoeuvre their opponents," this strongly suggests that the game is PVP.

It makes me wonder if it's going to be kinds of like Arcadia Quest, each player controlling a little team of Wizards and competing to accomplish goals and narrative events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
János Lacza
Hungary
Ballószög
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From facebook:

Quote:
The game will have 2+ players Scenario mode and a cooperative multiplayer Campaign mode
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Fistful of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
Co-op would seem a lot more thematic.

The "build your team however you like" comments seem to suggest you could have Harry, Draco and Bellatrix facing off against Ron, Neville and Dementor - at which point the link to the source material is virtually non-existent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neko Keki
msg tools
mbmb
rokarege wrote:
From facebook:

Quote:
The game will have 2+ players Scenario mode and a cooperative multiplayer Campaign mode

I'm very glad to hear there is coop, but it also makes me hesitant. This game should have been built ground up around coop, thematically. A tacked on general 8 coop missions seems likely and will leave a lot to be desired. We'll see though, these are obviously just assumptions at this point (especially 8 coop scenarios). I just personally was super excited until I saw all of the skirmish stuff, because I'd love to see this built entirely around the coop experience. Personal preference though. Here's to hoping it has a strong coop campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Nyroos
Sweden
flag msg tools
I would Love Coop + "mansion of madness"-app game, when you have a Quest till solve together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
rokarege wrote:
From facebook:

Quote:

Where did you see this? I looked on the knight models facebook but couldnt find it. Im hoping for a solo play option so coop mode would be a dream come true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello there
badge
Hello there
mbmbmbmbmb
Iridium192 wrote:
rokarege wrote:
From facebook:

Quote:

Where did you see this? I looked on the knight models facebook but couldnt find it. Im hoping for a solo play option so coop mode would be a dream come true.

Found it! They replied on a comment on their post from yesterday. Im very excited about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Nyroos
Sweden
flag msg tools
In what Price range do you think it would be? I dont know so much about Knight models but seams to be a game that you buy your favourite "house"and then play With that team. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peppepeppe69 Santa
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But talking about "2+ players Scenario mode" did they write if this mode is coop or competitive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That settles it. I'll definitely be backing this one!
But I fear the campaign will ruin me! Resin minis don't come cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Hendershot
United States
Parker
CO
flag msg tools
Make time for family.
badge
Make time for life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
Co-op would seem a lot more thematic.

The "build your team however you like" comments seem to suggest you could have Harry, Draco and Bellatrix facing off against Ron, Neville and Dementor - at which point the link to the source material is virtually non-existent

This is largely what I'd be worried about.

I'd love a chance for a co-op campaign, but PVP just feels weird unless you're specifically doing Good v Bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.