Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Charterstone» Forums » General

Subject: Looking to get a group together to play the campaign in Kansas City. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason K
msg tools
I got this game in January and I am looking to get a group together to play through the campaign. I was thinking once a week or maybe every other week. So I am looking for players around Kansas City who are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are you planning to meet? I am interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Blackwell
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I am in KC, have played a couple of games on my copy, but wouldn't mind another campaign. Timing might be challenging though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul VanPraag
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I am currently playing in a campaign at Action Sports in north Kansas City on Sunday afternoons. There may be people there who would like to join your campaign after seeing us playing in ours and being unable to join half way through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
I live up north but I tend to go to Table Top just because that is where the people are. I don't think it has to be thursdays though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
I have never been to Action Sports for games. How much space do they have, what night do people tend to go? Someplace closer than Table Top would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
damageinc wrote:
Where are you planning to meet? I am interested.

I am up for any night really, but I think weeknights would be better for a regular time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul VanPraag
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
They have about 8 long tables. Not a huge store. Board games are generally played Sunday evenings. Other nights are devoted to other games and tournaments primarily. (Magic: The Gathering primarily.)

Most Sundays we have about 12-20 people playing board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K1BoardGamer wrote:
I live up north but I tend to go to Table Top just because that is where the people are. I don't think it has to be thursdays though.

I live up north also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
Well it looks like we would have 3 with Dragonheart91, damageinc and me. And we all live up north. I might have one or two people I could get also, I have read the game plays better with more. Do you guys think Sunday might work for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday afternoon or evening would work for me. Were you thinking of meeting at action sports? Or somewhere else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul VanPraag
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Just to be clear, I might not be able to join another campaign. I just finished Game 7 in our campaign yesterday.

However there are multiple at the shop I attend who are interested and you might find 1-3 people at Action Sports who would like to play if you come on a Sunday.

We are playing a 4 player campaign and I think the game would feel significantly less exciting if you played with less people than that. You unlock less stuff with less people for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
damageinc wrote:
Sunday afternoon or evening would work for me. Were you thinking of meeting at action sports? Or somewhere else?

I would not mind trying out Action Sports since I have never been and it so close. I was not thinking about starting this week or anything just getting some names of people who are interested. We may have to go to Action Sports and recrute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
msg tools
Dragonheart91 wrote:
Just to be clear, I might not be able to join another campaign. I just finished Game 7 in our campaign yesterday.

However there are multiple at the shop I attend who are interested and you might find 1-3 people at Action Sports who would like to play if you come on a Sunday.

We are playing a 4 player campaign and I think the game would feel significantly less exciting if you played with less people than that. You unlock less stuff with less people for sure.

Would you be interested in playing again after you are done or would you want a break to do something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Churchill
United States
Platte City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K1BoardGamer wrote:
damageinc wrote:

I would not mind trying out Action Sports since I have never been and it so close. I was not thinking about starting this week or anything just getting some names of people who are interested. We may have to go to Action Sports and recrute.

Gotcha....most sunday afternoons and evenings work me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.