Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

HEXplore It: The Valley of the Dead King» Forums » General

Subject: Card Sleeve size? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave S
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen this answered on the forums. As an avid card sleever, what size sleeves does the game need? and how many?

TIA!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
murteas wrote:
I haven't seen this answered on the forums. As an avid card sleever, what size sleeves does the game need? and how many?

TIA!


Standard Magic the Gathering Size (e.g. grey FFG ones). I think I needed 4 packs of Swan Panasia Premium, so somewhere between 301 and 400 cards :-) The won't fit back into the tuckboxes afterwards (except for the Dead King box).

Regards, Gorkar

Edit: I looked it up in detail I was wrong though, it was 3 Packs of sleeves, for 218 cards. 63,5 x 89 mm. I also sleeved the race cards. I first thought, they'd be cardboard like the role cards or the market card. But they are just high quality cardstock. Unfortunately, there re no fitting premade sleeves for them. So I used FFG Tarot size (orange) sleeves. They fit perfectly in width, but are way too long. So I trimmed them in lenght with scissors, which worked pretty well. There are 30 race cards to sleeve.

Edit 2: The Dead King Deck fits the tuckbox even after sleeving, because it is just 30 cards and the box could handle 65 unsleeved. The other boxes I had to cut up. I put the decks and the card that is printed on each tuckbox into clear Swan Panasia deckboxes. The decks fit tightly in there. I can still close the lid of the box all the way.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Mariucci

Wisconsin
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks for answering Gorkar!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Waschinski
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorkar wrote:
I also sleeved the race cards. I first thought, they'd be cardboard like the role cards or the market card. But they are just high quality cardstock. Unfortunately, there re no fitting premade sleeves for them. So I used FFG Tarot size (orange) sleeves. They fit perfectly in width, but are way too long. So I trimmed them in lenght with scissors, which worked pretty well. There are 30 race cards to sleeve.

There are actually sleeves which fit perfectly without trimming.

Gorkar wrote:
I put the decks and the card that is printed on each tuckbox into clear Swan Panasia deckboxes. The decks fit tightly in there. I can still close the lid of the box all the way.

I wonder what these deckboxes look like as I have a hard time finding ones which fit. Do you have an image or link to share? That would be great!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
70x110 ? That's the same as Mayday
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
race cards fit in "Lost Cities Card Sleeves" (you can get them from CSI online), made by Mayday, and they are 70x110
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.