H, Gua
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook dated 12/15/2017:

Page 2: I'm pretty sure that "... not quite Light Footmen ..." should read "... not quite Light Infantry ..."

Page 5: Line of Sight section: I believe that Swamp should be included in the sentence that begins "Blocking terrain are woods, ...". Or, if it turns out that Swamp is not blocking terrain, which seems unlikely, then the Terrain Chart entry for Swamp on the back of the rulebook should read "None" instead of "Block" in the Line of Sight column.

Page 9: In the Leader Rally section, the condition that "Only units that have not been attacked in the preceding enemy turn may be rallied," (which is in the table on the upper right hand corner of page 4), is not included. One could easily miss this if they only look at the Leader Rally section of the rulebook. I would suggest moving the sentence out of the table and into the Leader Rally section, perhaps leaving a forward reference in the table instead (e.g., "See the Leader Rally section for details") as there are a number of other relevant details about Leader Rally there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hamigua2000 wrote:
In the rulebook dated 12/15/2017:

Page 2: I'm pretty sure that "... not quite Light Footmen ..." should read "... not quite Light Infantry ..."

No, this is correct - the next sentence clarifies that Militia are placed in the Light Footmen category because they lack the training to get the benefits of being classified as an Infantry-type unit. Basically, Militia don't really fit in either category (hence "not quite Infantry, not quite Light Footmen") but it didn't make sense to cordon them off into yet another category.

Quote:
Page 5: Line of Sight section: I believe that Swamp should be included in the sentence that begins "Blocking terrain are woods, ...".

You're quite right. The back of the rulebook is correct.

Quote:
Page 9: In the Leader Rally section, the condition that "Only units that have not been attacked in the preceding enemy turn may be rallied," (which is in the table on the upper right hand corner of page 4), is not included

This is another good catch.

It seems like every time we and our proofreaders think we've caught everything, something else slips by. It's frustrating. It's not something that happens with the vast majority of our games. Thank you for catching these things, which we'll try to correct at some point in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H, Gua
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome, and thanks for the quick response. I in no way mean to complain, rather to point out and/or ask.

I am enjoying the game immensely, and hope to post a combined session report/review in the next month or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hamigua2000 wrote:
I am enjoying the game immensely, and hope to post a combined session report/review in the next month or so.

Which scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H, Gua
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Hamigua2000 wrote:

Which scenario?

Either Sedgemoor or Killiecrankie. I've found that Sedgemoor really plays "on the knife's edge", sometimes being determined by a single die roll. The Rebels lose unit after unit, but getting rid of all of them in time is actually pretty hard, and they always seem to have a chance, as 3VP is just not that high a bar. I especially like that the Royalists are incentivized to move forward into the river if they want to beat the turn clock.

I'm up to about half a dozen plays of Killiecrankie. Claverhouse and the Jacobites have prevailed in every game (and it's great fun to start with a triple Highlander Charge), though I have been figuring out how to play smarter from the Williamite side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.