Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Brown
United States
Pine Grove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I own everything for HN, I can lose on the go!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the support.
You'll start clobbering the bad guys in no time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm.....the other thread about the app seems to have disappeared for some reason, so I'll just post this here for you guys.

Patch #2 just went out in time for the (long?) weekend. Available on Android in an hour or so. On iOS, sometime tomorrow.

Bug: If "I'll Buy You Some Time" was active, conceding demands would not work properly.

Bug: If 2nd Command is in play, minor demands coming from the Terror deck should get discarded immediately.

Bug: The "Are you sure you want to end the turn?" prompt was appearing too often - particularly in games against Connor when his 4 card limit was hit.

Negotiator Rating in Stats displays now based on wins/losses rather than successes per roll.

Dice improved - less "dead" throws/less dice landing on edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Hmmm.....the other thread about the app seems to have disappeared for some reason, so I'll just post this here for you guys.

Patch #2 just went out in time for the (long?) weekend. Available on Android in an hour or so. On iOS, sometime tomorrow.

Bug: If "I'll Buy You Some Time" was active, conceding demands would not work properly.

Bug: If 2nd Command is in play, minor demands coming from the Terror deck should get discarded immediately.

Bug: The "Are you sure you want to end the turn?" prompt was appearing too often - particularly in games against Connor when his 4 card limit was hit.

Negotiator Rating in Stats displays now based on wins/losses rather than successes per roll.

Dice improved - less "dead" throws/less dice landing on edge.
Hey Peter great app wonderful Job, are you planning on the abducter packs in the future ? I have all the physical expansions, I'd love to get everything on digital for the train rides in the morning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the work for almost all of the expansions is done already. They just need a little tuning up. Three more bad guys are coming soon.

salex724 wrote:
Hey Peter great app wonderful Job, are you planning on the abducter packs in the future ? I have all the physical expansions, I'd love to get everything on digital for the train rides in the morning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
Most of the work for almost all of the expansions is done already. They just need a little tuning up. Three more bad guys are coming soon.

salex724 wrote:

We should probably clarify and say Abductor Packs 2,3, and 4.

Just don't want any confusion as HN Crimewave, APs 5-8, and Demand Pack 1 are not currently in scope for the app.

Well you did say 3 bad guys... but that is not "all" the expansions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Wright
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maverick444 wrote:
Now that I own everything for HN, I can lose on the go!!

Quite surprisingly I win more in the app than the Physical game, but I have figured out a strategy with the app that may work with the physical game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
If I reset my statistics, will this reset my progress unlocking Conner also? Never played the physical so my statistics don’t look too good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It doesn't cancel any of your achievements either. It only resets what appears in the statistics window.

Nathan1974 wrote:
If I reset my statistics, will this reset my progress unlocking Conner also? Never played the physical so my statistics don’t look too good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Had a dice bug with Edward. He played a hostage tries to escape terror card. The escape roll was successful, had a 5 showing in the play area and the space bar area also. But the game registered this as a fail and the hostage was ”killed”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take a look at the code to see if anything sticks out. If you can manage to take a screen grab of that if you ever see it again I'd appreciate it.

Just to mention that ALL die rolls and success/fail checks get funneled through the same processing, so there's nothing special really being done for individual cards.

Nathan1974 wrote:
Had a dice bug with Edward. He played a hostage tries to escape terror card. The escape roll was successful, had a 5 showing in the play area and the space bar area also. But the game registered this as a fail and the hostage was ”killed”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, forgot to do a screen grab. If it happens again I’ll try to get a picture. Great app by the way. Haven’t invested in the physical game yet because dice hate me even the digital kind.

peterk1 wrote:
I'll take a look at the code to see if anything sticks out. If you can manage to take a screen grab of that if you ever see it again I'd appreciate it.

Just to mention that ALL die rolls and success/fail checks get funneled through the same processing, so there's nothing special really being done for individual cards.

Nathan1974 wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
Solved. Now I wish I had of done a screen grab to be sure. I think I misread the card. I think it was the “Don’t test me” card which makes sense now because my threat level was 5 and I rolled a 5. So all is good, no bug there. blush

Edit: missing words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
So in the options there is a "Expansion Common Cards" ...what does it do?

Also why would you release an app that is pillar boxed on the iPhone X? Seems strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people like to play with all of their expansion cards enabled for all the games they play. Other people may want to only use the cards that belong to the villain they have chosen. That option just sets the default selection of the expansions when the expansion card selection dialog pops up right before the game starts. If you haven't unlocked villain #4 yet, there won't be effect at all and you won't even see that dialog. If you're constantly tapping to use Connor's cards when playing a game against Arkayne, Donna or Ed, you can use that option to stop having to do that.

I usually code for 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 aspect ratios and I am able to test those on physical devices. Everything else gets pillarboxed or letterboxed. A studio would be able to test on 40-50 different devices. I can only test on 4 at the moment.

One of the beta-testers noted that I wasn't optimized for the X, but he didn't say that it looked awful or anything. I couldn't really think of a way to make good use of the extra horizontal space (other than just spacing things out more) so I decided not to support it explicitly.

apotheos wrote:
So in the options there is a "Expansion Common Cards" ...what does it do?

Also why would you release an app that is pillar boxed on the iPhone X? Seems strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
The last three abductors going to have achievements? I’m slowly working through your base ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Peter!

Thanks for the fantastic app!

I´ve got some questions concerning unlocking a few of the Achievements:

"Embrace Chaos"
Did I miss something or do I really just try to roll at least 4, better 5, dice against Donna and hope for two 6s and two 1s?

"Hard Way Out"
Somehow I don´t know exactly how to achieve this? If I rescue all hostages during the Final Conversation, Edward just gives up.

Do I have to kill him with at least one hostage left AND have a minor demand card ready that allows me to continue the conversation, so I can rescue the last hostage?

"No Vengeance"
What is the Revenge Demand? Do you mean the Major Demand where Connor kills 2 hostages automatically?

To get this achievement, do I just have to beat Connor without revealing his Major Demand card and have to hope that, by chance, the unrevealed Major Demand is the *right* demand to get this achievement?

Best regards
Felix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan1974 wrote:
The last three abductors going to have achievements? I’m slowly working through your base ones.

Yes, of course. When you unlock/buy an expansion you'll see the number of achievements go up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeneralGrundmann wrote:

"Embrace Chaos"
Did I miss something or do I really just try to roll at least 4, better 5, dice against Donna and hope for two 6s and two 1s?

That's correct.

GeneralGrundmann wrote:

"Hard Way Out"
Somehow I don´t know exactly how to achieve this? If I rescue all hostages during the Final Conversation, Edward just gives up.

Take a look at the sniper card. Ed would be eliminated first, the 2nd in command would take over, and then there are still 2 hostage rescues after that which let you end the game using the same card.

With All Units Get In There Now, the hostage rescues happen before Ed is eliminated, so you would not be able to get the achievement with that card.

GeneralGrundmann wrote:

"No Vengeance"
What is the Revenge Demand? Do you mean the Major Demand where Connor kills 2 hostages automatically?

That's correct.

GeneralGrundmann wrote:

To get this achievement, do I just have to beat Connor without revealing his Major Demand card and have to hope that, by chance, the unrevealed Major Demand is the *right* demand to get this achievement?

Exactly. It will either be Revenge or Golden Parachute so there's a50% chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Grundmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot for your help Peter! :-)

Best regards
Felix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it’s a bug or not... playing against Connor; at end game, Pivotal Event played, I can’t play any more cards due to his special ability, I have no conversation points. How do I end the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
christopher_the_fehn wrote:
Not sure if it’s a bug or not... playing against Connor; at end game, Pivotal Event played, I can’t play any more cards due to his special ability, I have no conversation points. How do I end the game?

Not sure if it is supposed to end automatically or not, but you can open the menu by pressing that downward blue triangle and surrender the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, that's a bug. The little algorithm that decides to auto-surrender a player is not taking into account Connor's special ability and having conv cards frozen. Thanks for the report.

As AJ mentionned, there's a button panel slide-out that gives you a few more commands, and from there you can surrender or quit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Perth
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:

Yeah, that's a bug. The little algorithm that decides to auto-surrender a player is not taking into account Connor's special ability and having conv cards frozen. Thanks for the report.

As AJ mentionned, there's a button panel slide-out that gives you a few more commands, and from there you can surrender or quit.

Great, thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Robinson
msg tools
mbmbmb
While on the subject of Conner, what’s the conditions when he can cancel rerolls and partial successes? Couldn’t find any rules anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.