Xia: Embers of a Forsaken Star» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tiers of NPCs' ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Rey
msg tools

Hey

I couldn't find a proper answer to this question anywhere -
What are tiers of NPCs' ships for solo play? Are they always considered to be 'tier 1'? If you play with normal rules all NPCs are getting stronger at some point; does it mean they are 'tier 2' from now on?

I'm asking because I'm not too sure how many Fame Points you get for destroying them in solo play.
Thx

Ps. The other question is about their behavior - e.g. scoundrel is always going after you. If you land on a planet/station do they still move into your direction and try to be as close as possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
kompan wrote:
What are tiers of NPCs' ships for solo play?
Same as the multiplayer game, the Tier is equal to the FP awarded when they are destroyed. So:
Merchant/Scoundrel = Tier 1
Enforcer = Tier 2

Also, if Cinder-Beard comes into play, it's obviously Tier 3.

kompan wrote:
If you play with normal rules all NPCs are getting stronger at some point; does it mean they are 'tier 2' from now on?
The Tier of the NPC doesn't change, even in Normal mode.

kompan wrote:
Ps. The other question is about their behavior - e.g. scoundrel is always going after you. If you land on a planet/station do they still move into your direction and try to be as close as possible?
Yes, if the behavior says "move to target" and you are the target, then the Scoundrel will try to go after you. It will even go through planetary shields to reach you, if needed!

I hope you have fun with the solo game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools
ira212 wrote:
kompan wrote:
Same as the multiplayer game, the Tier is equal to the FP awarded when they are destroyed. So:
Enforcer = Tier 2

kompan wrote:
If you play with normal rules all NPCs are getting stronger at some point; does it mean they are 'tier 2' from now on?

kompan wrote:
Yes, if the behavior says "move to target" and you are the target, then the Scoundrel will try to go after you. It will even go through planetary shields to reach you, if needed!

I do. Great stuff . Thanks for your clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ira212 wrote:
kompan wrote:
Enforcer = Tier 2

kompan wrote:

kompan wrote:

According to the base game rules, the NPC's will avoid Planetary Shields. I didn't see anything in the Ember rulebooks changing that, so is it a rule change that they willgo thru Shields, or do they still have to go around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl L
Canada
flag msg tools
Bruiser419 wrote:
ira212 wrote:

According to the base game rules, the NPC's will avoid Planetary Shields. I didn't see anything in the Ember rulebooks changing that, so is it a rule change that they willgo thru Shields, or do they still have to go around?

NPCs will always take a route around hazard (planetary shields, asteroids, debris, etc.), unless there is no possible route to do so. In that case, they will move through them. See page 16 of the rule book, section NPC Details, paragraphs Movement and Unreachable Sectors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.