Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve been thinking of starting a new gaming group in Vaughan.

Anyone interested? I need to update my collection list on BGG, but I enjoy/own a wide variety of games.

Times/Locations can be discussed if this thread picks up any traction.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercurial cc
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Angelo, there is a weekly gaming group at the 401 Games in Vaughan. If there isn't enough response here in the Ontario forum, perhaps meeting people there will allow you to form a new group as well:

https://www.meetup.com/ToBoardGamers/events/wjqhgnyxdbtb/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, the Meetups seem to be on Thursdays. One of the days that doesn’t work for me.

Thanks for the link though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mercurial cc
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
No problem. This the matching BGG guild for other GTA players: https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/2563

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Angelo, I'm nearby, in Woodbridge. I like the idea of a game group in our neck of the woods, however currently I cannot commit to weekly (or even bi-weekly) meetups because I'm taking part-time classes in the evenings. I only get in some gaming here-and-there. Having a 2 year old kid cuts down on my time even further.

However, I'd like to be able to sporadically drop by if that's allowed! I see you have a few war-gamey titles in your collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in a similar situation as Mark, no classes but two young 4 and 5 year olds. I’m in the middle of a move however and then a trip so I should probably wait till after March break before I commit to anything. I will monitor the board with interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses!

I’m in a similar situation. 3 kids with activities. That’s why I figured I would attempt setting something up locally.

What days would work for you?

I’m not hung up on making this a strict schedule. I figure to pick a day and see if it works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let me figure that out because Tuesdays are definitely out. If it were a weekday I’d hazard Wednesday. Once I move to the new house and we settle in the schedule should become clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, Fridays, sporadically.

I used to play games with Francisco here-and-there on Wednesdays, but I have class this term on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I may as well throw this up here too... I live near the airport and I'm free sporatically most week nights from about 4 until about 9pm and some weekends depending (varying times). If someone finds themselves free, shoot me a message and perhaps we can work something out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll chime in too!

I am in a similar situation, with a few kids that make it hard to get out, especially since my wife works evenings a few week nights. I like to spend the day with the kids on Saturday and Sunday, but most of the stores do not stay open late on the weekends. This makes it hard to find time to game.

I'm not technically in Vaughan, but am at the very northern edge of Toronto, off Bathurst.

If anyone ever plans a Sunday afternoon event where kids are welcome (they can play with each other while adults game) I would be interested, or an evening event for one or maybe two games, at 7:30 or later.

Also, if anyone ever has an open Wed. or Thurs. night where they don't need to be home while the kids sleep, feel free to message me about getting a game in if you are okay with me hosting (since I need to be home while the kids sleep), as long as I don't have other constraints.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, Wednesdays and Fridays are better for me. It might be difficult in the second half of March, but I should be in the clear after that.

With that in mind, next Wednesday (28th), next Friday (March 2nd) or Wednesday, March 14th would be possible days in the near term.

Any preference?

Based on the responses, we can settle on a location that works best for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Spartus
Canada
Woodbridge (GTA)
Ontario
flag msg tools
I would like to try and come to test the waters. I'm in woodbridge. Same as most of you commitments are tough (new kid)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like we should have started this 5-6 years ago, everyone has kids

Situational Update: my move is complete, games are out of storage, upcoming trip on March Break however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. With March Break in mind, how do the following dates work for everyone?

Wednesday, March 28th
Wednesday, April 4th
Friday, April 6th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have visitors coming from Europe for 2 weeks on the 21st but can possibly make April 6th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Spartus
Canada
Woodbridge (GTA)
Ontario
flag msg tools
I'm pretty sure I could make any of these

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ll take these dates and consult my better half. Meanwhile let’s see if Mark chimes in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whereabouts would these festivities be taking place? Possibilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for locations, I was thinking whatever would work best for everyone.

401 Games or Legends Warehouse are pretty central within the city. I’m still looking for other potential locales. However, I am open to any suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I work on the same street as Legends Warehouse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Durante
Canada
Etobicoke
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Legends..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedshooter8 wrote:
I work on the same street as Legends Warehouse

Lunchtime gaming, works near the Legends Warehouse. I'm seriously Jelly. I can do Legends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Spartus
Canada
Woodbridge (GTA)
Ontario
flag msg tools
Legends sounds good (never been)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Pavia
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Legends it is.

Preferred time? I was thinking 6:30/7 for any of the dates I mentioned.

Based on how many people can show up, we can figure out what games we should bring/suggest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.