Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) What are the dimensions of the box? From the Man vs. Meeple video, if finalized, looks fairly big. This would be good considering I don't think I'll want to start storing my AE content in two separate boxes. I'm sure I'll likely get all future content for this game, but may have to prune things out to get them to fit in one reasonably sized box.

2) The claim is:

"Roughly 80% of the game play components in Aeon’s End Legacy are reusable outside of the campaign. That totals to roughly the same amount of content that would be included in Aeon’s End + The Depths. What is replayable:
- all of the mages you create
- all of the player cards
- a full set of basic nemesis cards (and a few more)
- six nemeses"

Approximately, how much of the 80% is new content for owners of all the previous Aeon's End content? Will certain cards be duplicated in Legacy from previous sets?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, all of the extra content will be entirely new. as far as the box goes, they have said that it is 50% wider and will hold everything from the other Aeon's sets and expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unless the new mages are REALLY different, I figure we'll get duplicate Sparks and Crystals (generic starting Gems and Spells), and it looked like the dials, breaches, tokens etc will be duplicated, otherwise this wouldn't be playable stand-alone.

That's going to be a fairly small amount all told though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
Approximately, how much of the 80% is new content for owners of all the previous Aeon's End content? Will certain cards be duplicated in Legacy from previous sets?

Just like with War Eternal, I would expect 100% to be new stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
unless the new mages are REALLY different, I figure we'll get duplicate Sparks and Crystals (generic starting Gems and Spells), and it looked like the dials, breaches, tokens etc will be duplicated, otherwise this wouldn't be playable stand-alone.

I doubt this is factored in the 80% though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Mightyjim wrote:

I doubt this is factored in the 80% though

No, that was more in response to the "will any content be duplicated" - should have quoted.

Either way, it's a small enough amount of stuff to not make much difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:

I've seen a couple comments in the KS claiming that there are duplicates, but I've never sat down with the old games and my playtest copy to compare. I could do that if there was enough interest. Although for all I know they could change from playtest to retail to no longer be duplicates (if any even exist).

Even if there were a couple of duplicate supply cards, there's still like 99% of everything else that isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

I've seen a couple comments in the KS claiming that there are duplicates, but I've never sat down with the old games and my playtest copy to compare. I could do that if there was enough interest. Although for all I know they could change from playtest to retail to no longer be duplicates (if any even exist).

Even if there were a couple of duplicate supply cards, there's still like 99% of everything else that isn't.

I didn't see any duplicates and I know my expansions by heart. Whom were the comments from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

I didn't see any duplicates and I know my expansions by heart. Whom were the comments from?

Dude, that was either yesterday or the day before and Kickstarter comments aren't really well known for their searching ability. I believe you that there's no duplicates
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Razoupaf wrote:
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

Dude, that was either yesterday or the day before and Kickstarter comments aren't really well known for their searching ability. I believe you that there's no duplicates

CTRL+F is life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
Quote:

CTRL+F is life!

while (sanity != 0) {
CTRL+F "duplicates"
if (found) {
//You're kidding right? there's no finding it
}
else {
click(Show older comments)
}
sanity--;
}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
1) What are the dimensions of the box? From the Man vs. Meeple video, if finalized, looks fairly big. This would be good considering I don't think I'll want to start storing my AE content in two separate boxes. I'm sure I'll likely get all future content for this game, but may have to prune things out to get them to fit in one reasonably sized box.

2) The claim is:

"Roughly 80% of the game play components in Aeon’s End Legacy are reusable outside of the campaign. That totals to roughly the same amount of content that would be included in Aeon’s End + The Depths. What is replayable:
- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

1. The box is going to be just like the War Eternal box except it will be 50% wider.

2. The only overlapping content is tokens, dials, Crystals, and Sparks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

1. The box is going to be just like the War Eternal box except it will be 50% wider.

Not true. If you look at the initial market setup in the instruction book, there are two basic gems that are duplicates of basic gems in the original set, one that gives you 2 aether and nothing else and one that gives you three. That is what was being referred too. It makes perfect sense that those would be there and I am perfectly fine with it it, but other than the name and art, those are duplicates of already existing gems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

Any reason you chose to make it longer and not just a box that was the same but deeper? I'd much prefer a square box (not overly fussed, just wondering)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Iglesias
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
catwhowalksbyhimself wrote:
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

Not true. If you look at the initial market setup in the instruction book, there are two basic gems that are duplicates of basic gems in the original set, one that gives you 2 aether and nothing else and one that gives you three. That is what was being referred too. It makes perfect sense that those would be there and I am perfectly fine with it it, but other than the name and art, those are duplicates of already existing gems.

Nick is the designer of the game, so he knows what he's talking about. Take a closer look at the starting supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mist314 wrote:
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

Nick is the designer of the game, so I think he knows what he's talking about. Take a closer look at the starting supply.

I'm looking at it right now. Ancient Cyanolith and Gilded Marble are basic 2 and 3 Aether cards, excactly like the ones in Aeon's End. Again, that makes perfect sense and they should be there, but that is what I and others meant when we said duplicates. Not a big deal at all.

EDIT: They might cost slightly more, but are identical in what they do, so I still consider that duplicates, especially since those would be useless in none campaign play. They are TECHNICALLY different, but when it comes to value as an expansion, that does make a different, albeit only a very slight one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Little
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mist314 wrote:
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

Nick is the designer of the game, so I think he knows what he's talking about. Take a closer look at the starting supply.

I'm looking at it right now. Ancient Cyanolith and Gilded Marble are basic 2 and 3 Aether cards, excactly like the ones in Aeon's End. Again, that makes perfect sense and they should be there, but that is what I and others meant when we said duplicates. Not a big deal at all.

Jade and Ancient Cyanolith are not the same card. They do the same thing but are not the same card.

There is no existing card that just produces 3 aether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm looking at it right now.

Where is the image? is it on BGG? or on Kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:

I'm looking at it right now.

Where is the image? is it on BGG? or on Kickstarter?

Pg. 11 of the rulebook found on the Kickstarter campaign page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Himes
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nicklittle wrote:
Mist314 wrote:
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

Jade and Ancient Cyanolith are not the same card. They do the same thing but are not the same card.

There is no existing card that just produces 3 aether.

I thought there was one that just produced 3 aether. My apologies for that. That just leaves that one then. When we talk about "duplicates" we aren't talking about the exact same card, just the exact same function. Again, no one's complaining about this that I am aware of, but it's important to note for comparison purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mist314 wrote:
nicklittle wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

2) The claim is:

- six nemeses"

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: They might cost slightly more, but are identical in what they do, so I still consider that duplicates, especially since those would be useless in none campaign play. They are TECHNICALLY different, but when it comes to value as an expansion, that does make a different, albeit only a very slight one.

Those two cards are different from anything that currently exists.
Jade has a different cost.
Clouded Sapphire doesn't just give you 3 aether.

Quote:
When we talk about "duplicates" we aren't talking about the exact same card, just the exact same function.

That's technically incorrect.
A card that is significantly worse than another card serves a different function entirely, from both a design and a player perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So to sum up, there are technically no duplicates.

However, post campaign, there is literally no reason to choose a 3 cost-> 2 aether gem over a 2 cost -> 2 aether gem.

I know the reason for the former is because of the campaign but post-campaign there really isn't a reason to use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Not duplicates as you noted.

Not useless in non-campaign play, certainly not as effective ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
So to sum up, there are technically no duplicates.

However, post campaign, there is literally no reason to choose a 3 cost-> 2 aether gem over a 2 cost -> 2 aether gem.

I know the reason for the former is because of the campaign but post-campaign there really isn't a reason to use it.

It's still situational. I can think of at least two reasons to potentially pick the 3 cost gem:
1. It changes the balance/difficulty of the gameplay.
2. I may be misremembering here, but aren't there cards that interact with another card's cost? If so, that may be another reason to pick the 3 cost over the 2 cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:

It was that guy up there.

Quote:
1. It changes the balance/difficulty of the gameplay.

Good point, although isn't this game hard enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.