H, Gua
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My particular situation is a Highlander charging a hex that has a Dragoon and a Leader in it. The defender decides to withdraw and makes a successful Morale Check roll.

Now what? Does the Leader withdraw with the Dragoon? If not, does the Highlander roll 3d10, and then a 1d6 if a natural 5 is rolled, and then if a 1 is not rolled, the Leader retreats (to the nearest unit)? None of the above?

A similar question for Retreats: if a Leader is stacked with a unit and that unit has to retreat at the end of combat, what happens to the Leader? I can't seem to find anything in the rulebook in the Leader section, but in the Close Combat section it seems that one case is covered, stating that "If it (a defensive fire morale check) fails, the defender does not perform Defensive Fire, and must Retreat one hex after resolving hits from the attacker's close combat roll. Leaders that are stacked with retreating units must retreat with the units if all units are forced to retreat."

(edited to include the one case where my question has an answer in the rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hamigua2000 wrote:
My particular situation is a Highlander charging a hex that has a Dragoon and a Leader in it. The defender decides to withdraw and makes a successful Morale Check roll.

Now what? Does the Leader withdraw with the Dragoon? If not, does the Highlander roll 3d10, and then a 1d6 if a natural 5 is rolled, and then if a 1 is not rolled, the Leader retreats (to the nearest unit)? None of the above?

Withdraw the Leader with the Dragoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H, Gua
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gittes wrote:
Hamigua2000 wrote:

Withdraw the Leader with the Dragoon.

Indeed, the most natural in my opinion. Thank you for the quick reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.