10 Posts

HEXplore It: The Valley of the Dead King» Forums » General

Subject: Recommended class/race for 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
My copy is set to arrive tomorrow! I haven't had a chance to look over all the different classes and races, does anyone have a good suggestion for a 2 player count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Saeuerl
msg tools
Hi.

Try a striker (except for Summoner, he's a bit tricky and i played him wrong - check out the thread about him), and something that helps along.

I played with the rabble rouser and the hunter and they worked pretty well together.

Don't worry too much and enjoy the ride!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the advice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've started my first 2 player game with the rabble rouser and nomad and seemed to be on top of things, although I'm only 3 turns in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried the Elementalist solo for my first play ~ but had to stop because I think he doesn't do physical damage only energy so he couldn't be used solo !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Gonzalez
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Elementalist can do Health Damage too with his Pattern Burn ability. In that case it's only half of his Energy Damage and he does not trigger the siphoning of Energy/Health if used to damage Health.

I may be wrong, though.

Aside from that, every character can use his basic Attack ability and therefore deal Health damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cleverley
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently playing solo with a Divine One and a Summoner.

As mentioned above, the Summoner can be tricky to play with for a beginner - it's taken me a few turns to get to grips with the abilities. That being said, having the ability to summon an open encounter enemy to fight alongside you can be quite beneficial!

The Divine One plays well as an all-rounder. Mine may have been helped by lucky power-up cards but it's got a strong basic attack, can heal and resurrect a fallen ally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the rule for talisman wrong, refer to talisman thread. Therefore I delete the initial statement.

have a nice day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berard
United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game I was an Ogre Brute and Half Elf Guardian. Not a bad combo, limited on innate healing and ultimately died due to poor planning.

My second game was Gnome Tinkersmith and a Gray Dwarf Summoner. They did pretty well together (provided I got their abilities right).

All in all, I think just about two classes will work well together - it'll just be a matter of playing to your strengths and not stretching yourself too thin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miller
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The first game I won had a Brute and a Priest. The brute got some MAJOR damage in (that's a lotta damage) while the priest constantly defended and healed the brute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.